AoS First try at a starter list: 2k KC

Discussion in 'Seraphon Army Lists' started by Plushosaurus, Oct 2, 2020.

1. Plushosaurus
    Skink

Plushosaurus Member

Hi! This is my first try at a list. It may contain errors because I'm still learning AoS. Feedback is appreciated! Thanks!

Allegiance: Seraphon
    Constellation: Koatl's Claw
    Realm: Ghur

Leaders:
    Saurus Oldblood on Carnosaur (230)
    - General
    - Command Trait: Dominant Predator
    - Artefact: Blade of Realities
    - Artefact: Predator's Torc

Saurus Scar-veteran on Carnosaur (210)
    - Celestite Warspear
    - Artefact: Eviscerating Blade

Lord Kroak (320)
    - Spell: Stellar Tempest

Battleline:
    5x Saurus Knights (100)
    - Lances

5x Saurus Knights (100)
    - Lances

5x Saurus Knights (100)
    - Lances

20x Saurus Warriors (180)
    - Spears

- Spears

- Spears

Battalions:
    Firelance Temple-host (160)
    Sunclaw Temple-host (140)

Endless Spells:
    Balewind Vortex (40)
    Bound Emerald Lifeswarm (60)

Total: 2000 / 2000
    Extra Command Points: 0
    Allies: 0 / 400
    Wounds: 121

Edit: It turns out GHB 2020 made some changes to artefacts. There should be a warning label on Malign Sorcery! So I tweaked the artefacts a bit.

Last edited: Oct 3, 2020
    Tav and LizardWizard like this.
  2. Tav
    Kroxigor

Tav Well-Known Member

nice list, got all of the key bits for a decent saurus list.
    the warriors would be better spent being in a 40 and 2 10,s. you save points and then the 40 becomes and actual threat whereas 20 just sort of wander about, not having the bodies to really go the distance.

your heroes can only have 1 artefact, the old blood has 2 in the list, so you have a wasted artefact slot by having 2 battalions but only 2 heroes to take artefacts although this isn't a big deal really.

you might want to consider cogs as an endless spell as it it then makes the knights super fast with a 10" move and 2d6+5" charge

Plushosaurus likes this.
  3. Plushosaurus
    Skink

Plushosaurus Member

Thank you for the idea on running the Saurus Warriors as 40/10/10 rather than 20/20/20. That frees up 40 points I believe. And I completely overlooked the 1 artifact limitation!

With 40 points, I'm not sure whether it would be preferable to grab another Endless Spell, or to chuck the Lifeswarm and have 100 points to play with. Or I could go crazy and chuck the Vortex too... that would give 140 points to play with, which means I could add in a Skink Starpriest or Starseer. The latter two would be a 3rd hero (eligible for an artefact!) and I know that both of those characters can contribute synergies.

Tav likes this.
  4. Tav
    Kroxigor

Tav Well-Known Member

140 points gets you an astrolith bearer which makes kroak far more potent. increases the range of celestial deliverance to 16" rather than 10" so you will get a lot more use out of him.
    It will be hard for him to use up all 4 casts effectively otherwise. balewind makes him too stationary in this way and stops you putting damage where you need to.

otherwise a starpriest or starseer is really good. starpriest buffing some knights is very effective for damage. 7 attacks per model, mortal wounds on 6 to wound from the starpriest.
    a starseer would be nice to have aswell, especially if you give him the cloak of feathers artefact to make it faster and harder to hit

Plushosaurus likes this.
  5. Tav
    Kroxigor

Tav Well-Known Member

Another note is that the scar vet would be better to have as the general for the recycling of command points.
    His command ability for exploding sixes is mathematically the same as the +1 to hit from the old blood but can spike higher. That alongside already having a +1 to hit on the charge and koatls claw command ability means that you would want to use the scar vets command ability over the old bloods one.

Plushosaurus likes this.
  6. Plushosaurus
    Skink

Plushosaurus Member

The Astrolith Bearer sounds like a fine idea! That's a pretty exciting model too (though I'm not the biggest fan of resin...). I like standard bearers in general; I think that they add an air of romance to an army. Even for cold blooded fellows such as these.

7. Tav
    Kroxigor

Tav Well-Known Member

yeah i got mine and painted him recently. it is a cool banner. makes for a good mascot