8th Ed. forced look out sir?

Discussion in 'Rules Help' started by Dreyer, Nov 10, 2012.

1. Dreyer
    Cold One

Dreyer New Member

Hey everyone had something come up in a game last night. My opponents tzeentch herald had moved out of his horror unit but was only 1 inch away from it. In my turn I threw a banishment against him. Are you forced to take the look out sirs or can you just let all the hits go to the character?

2. Lord Tsunami
    Salamander

Lord Tsunami Member

from what i can see there is no "may" take a look out sir in the rules. It says you roll a dice and on 4+ the unit is hit. hence it is forced. you cant chose not to take the test.

3. Dreyer
    Cold One

Dreyer New Member

The Guy I played against argued that because it says A look out sir can be attempted on page 97 of the small rulebook he could choose not to.

4. Lord Tsunami
    Salamander

Lord Tsunami Member

he is actually correct. i checked on page 93 where the basic rules for LOS is described. seems champions must take a LOS roll, but characters can actually chose not to.

5. Rhodium
    Kroxigor

Rhodium New Member

I have always played that it is optional, because it says it may be attempted rather than has to be taken,

If I am feeling lucky and my slann has the divine plaque, I'll forgo the LoS and rely on my 2+ ward rather than LoS and lose an expensive Temple Guard or saurus, though it is a much riskier tactic

6. Switchblade
    Saurus

Switchblade New Member

From a fluff standpoint, LoS is a dude jumping in the way to protect somebody who has a higher pay-grade than him. Minions usually don't have time to wait for orders to jump in front of the mob boss.

I've always played it as being mandatory.

7. mitros
    Skink

mitros Member

i usually play it mandatory as well! but u might argue that it is not! if u play at a club all the time u guys should make a decision or just come to an agreement before the game starts so no problems will come! even though i do not think its a big deal

8. MFdinosaurs
    Jungle Swarm

MFdinosaurs New Member

there is no way a TG would ever not LOS his Slann

9. Ragnar
    Saurus

Ragnar New Member

This is so exceptionally true.

But a slann has crazy mind control powers... Maybe he uses them to make them not jump in the way if he feels like it...?