Blog Gauntlet's Other Stuff

Discussion in 'Personal Paint Logs' started by Gauntlet, Sep 4, 2024.

1. Gauntlet
    Cold One

Gauntlet Well-Known Member

Hello peoples!

I really enjoy posting my lizard stuff here and I'm finally going to branch out and post my other projects. It will be pretty random, but it will let me post a bit more often (or so I hope to do so).

I really appreciate this particular community :)

Sudsinabucket, Imrahil and JTSleep like this.
  2. Gauntlet
    Cold One

So first up, we have "Old Red"... The unfinished prototype steam tank from Nuln in the Warhammer lore. The first new Steam Tank to be created since their origination.

I've decided that the lore was perfect for what I've always wanted... A walking Steam Tank.

To produce this monster, I had to buy 3 different steam tank kits, and digitally merge a ton of different pieces. Construction was very light, really just the legs, feet, smoke, and turret are separate... Everything else was printed as one large piece.

PXL_20240723_232433463.jpg PXL_20240723_232446062.jpg PXL_20240722_033038195.jpg

The turret is magnetized, and maintains the classic steam gun, but the forward weapon has replaced the steam cannon for a flame thrower. Meanwhile the larger chassis allows for better insulation and crew conditions, whilst the improved steam engine is able to power the great legs. The legs of course are slower than the original wheels, but provide greater mobility over uneven terrain (and is much better at avoiding getting stuck in the mud or the broken bodies of the empire's foes).

Sadly, and perhaps appropriately, Old Red here was printed hollow, but with so much intersection masses (and my lack of expertise) the body has a series of chambers instead of one big area... Despite a variety of drainage holes and such, resin slowly "sweats" out of the bottom of the hull. I continuously observe and wipe it away, but it's been a month lol

Thankfully the resin is still coming out and I think it's unlikely the while model will crack. So it's still a prototype afterall :)

3. Gauntlet
    Cold One

A few final pics of the project during the digital work and a closeup of the flame thrower (a flake cannon from highland miniatures I believe). Sadly I messed up painting the feathered wing decorations enough, that I decided it was better to clip them off entirely. Also the flag on the turret said Nuln on it and failed to print.

Oh! And the lamp next to the flame thrower? That's a Mr Handy robot eye piece lol.

PXL_20240722_033008694.jpg PXL_20240710_001657545.jpg PXL_20240710_001624215.jpg

Sudsinabucket, Imrahil and JTSleep like this.
  4. JTSleep
    Carnasaur

JTSleep Well-Known Member

First of all, that tank is amazing!

Download meshmixer. It is free and has function to combine all the separate masses to singular solid. Send me a message if you want more info. I work with it every now and then.

Last edited: Sep 5, 2024
    Sudsinabucket and Imrahil like this.
  5. Gauntlet
    Cold One

Perfect! Thank you

Sudsinabucket and Imrahil like this.
  6. - Q -
    Slann

- Q - Well-Known Member

That looks pretty cool!

7. Gauntlet
    Cold One

A few misc items I painted over the month. I'm slowly building up a large assortment of sci-fi critters and things for RPG purposes... So of course we have a lookalike for shriekers from tremors 2 and a Stargate lol.

PXL_20240905_223057349~2.jpg PXL_20240902_233241573.jpg PXL_20240515_172258090.jpg

Imrahil, Explodingzeb and JTSleep like this.