7th Ed. Gear on a BSB

Discussion in 'Rules Help' started by Xulotl, Feb 7, 2010.

1. Xulotl
    Skink

Xulotl New Member

I know this is kind of a nooby question, but can a shield go with a Saurus BSB? It wasn't stated explicitly so I thought I better check before I build it into my list.

2. Bibamus
    Bastiladon

Bibamus New Member

does the scar vet have the option to use a shield? does the BSB rule restrict a shield?

these are the question you must ask yourself and you will find the answeres in the army book. this is not 6th edition when a BSB could only use a hand weapon if he was a BSB. re-read the BSB and scar vet entry in the army book and the answer will present itslef.

as far as i know: YES, but i'm under the influence of alcohol so you'd better check yourself

3. Stegadeth
    Temple Guard

Stegadeth New Member

Bibamus is our lovable, resident drunk. To make it known, yes, a Scar-Vet can in fact take a shield if he is the BSB. In fact, he can take a magic shield as the BSB. However, if he takes a magical banner he may not take any other magic items, though he could carry any non-magical upgrades like a shield, Cold One, Light Armour, halberd, spear, great weapon or even additional hand weapon. The information you want is in the boxed text on page 93 of the Army Book at the bottom of the page headed "Battle Standard Bearer" in bold.

4. Xulotl
    Skink

Xulotl New Member

Thanks all! I did know about the magical banner rule, I just wasn't sure about the shield.