8th Ed. General Liz. rules!!

Discussion in 'Rules Help' started by silje, Nov 29, 2010.

1. silje
    Skink

silje New Member

Hey all, this is my second post. Hope I posted it in the right thread.

So, I've read the 8th rule book a couple of times and the Liz. army book, for starters. Now, questions:

1. Can a skink preist wear a magic heavy armour that also gives 4+ ward save?

2. If a Slann has joined a unit of temple guards and stands in the second rank, and the unit is in close combat, can the enemy models direct attacks to the slann that stands in the second rank?

3. If a Slann picks an Magic banner, does he become a battlestandard himself and all the rules that follow a BSB?

4. If a skink preist pick an aincent stegadon as a mount, does the skink points and the mount points count toward the maximum point for hero points in you army?

5. Does all kinds of attacks (close combat, shooting) count as poisoned attacks from a unit with poison special rule? or is it only javelines and blow pipes?

6. If a Slann has joined a unit of temple guards and stands in the second rank, is it only a large target that can block line of sight for purpose of his arc when casting spells and so on?

7. If a slann has 3 magic resistance and has joined a unit, does the whole unit get 3 magical ward save?

8. If a couple of Kroxigors, has joined a skink unitand stands in the second rank, can they reach over and attack without being targeted back from the enemy?

Well ok, lets start off with these questions first, and then maby some more will come out of thiss. And when you awnser, could you please type me the page in the rule book/ LIz. Codex so that I can show my friends then I play them. Thanks for all upcoming awnsers.

2. Chahlie
    Cold One

Chahlie New Member

1. Can a skink preist wear a magic heavy armour that also gives 4+ ward save?
    No. A skink priest cannot wear any kind of armor at all (although he can get a talisman to give him a ward save.

2. If a Slann has joined a unit of temple guards and stands in the second rank, and the unit is in close combat, can the enemy models direct attacks to the slann that stands in the second rank?
    Nope, although a hero can challenge him

3. If a Slann picks an Magic banner, does he become a battlestandard himself and all the rules that follow a BSB?
    Yes he does (so he auto dies if he runs away :(

4. If a skink preist pick an aincent stegadon as a mount, does the skink points and the mount points count toward the maximum point for hero points in you army?
    Unfortunately, yes

5. Does all kinds of attacks (close combat, shooting) count as poisoned attacks from a unit with poison special rule? or is it only javelines and blow pipes?
    Just ranged weapons

6. If a Slann has joined a unit of temple guards and stands in the second rank, is it only a large target that can block line of sight for purpose of his arc when casting spells and so on?
    Yes

7. If a slann has 3 magic resistance and has joined a unit, does the whole unit get 3 magical ward save?
    Yes

8. If a couple of Kroxigors, has joined a skink unitand stands in the second rank, can they reach over and attack without being targeted back from the enemy?
    Yes

3. TheRolfgar
    Chameleon Skink

TheRolfgar New Member

Everything above was correct except this. All models have TLoS (True line of sight) The model can see (and target) whatever they can see. For the purposes of the slann his LOS is treated as being just above the heads of the TG while he is casting from in their unit.

Something needs to completely block his LOS in order to prevent the slann from casting something that requires LOS.

4. MI_Tiger
    Temple Guard

MI_Tiger Member

Actually, I believe the rule "Poisoned Attacks" does apply to ranged and close combat, but Skinks have "Jungle Poisons" which is limited to ranged weapons.

5. vapor
    Razordon

vapor New Member

You actually have to pay the points to become a BSB before the Slann can take a magic banner.

6. Arli
    Skink Priest

Arli Moderator Staff Member

3. Unlike other BSB, the slann can have magical equipment besides the banner. The more you know.... :D

7. wolfmage
    Temple Guard

wolfmage New Member

Costs for any of our characters to be BSB but the Slann can, thankfully, take his normal equipment aswell as his banner so the question is why not give it to him.

8. Arli
    Skink Priest

Arli Moderator Staff Member

You are probably thinking, 'Why give it to him, if he fails a ldr check, he will die?' Within a unit of TG, you will always be stubborn and will be rolling on a 9 ld (if you don't take standard of discipline, then it would be a 10). You get the reroll for the test, the odds are astronomical that you would roll greater than 9 on 3d6 twice.

9. vict0988
    Cold One

vict0988 Member

what i think you mean is if you take the war banner do you get bsb for free??? am i right
    answer no you cant even take any items from the magic banner selection without first buying the bsb

10. silje
    Skink

silje New Member

Hey all, thanks for all the quick awnsers! Great forum.

But regarding the armours for different types of heroes/lords, where can I find that in the rulebook?
    I haven't found anything that states that a wizard cant have light/heavy armour?
    And can a saurus scar veteran have heavy armour? if not, where do you find the evidence in the rule book?

Not beeing nose wise here, just want to show my opponents that later on if questions come up or something.

If you put the devines on the Slann that he becomes ethreal and the plaque item so that he gets 2 wardsave from all range attacks, does that grant 2+ ward save for all magic that is range and does dmg?

11. Lingbei
    Cold One

Lingbei New Member

Magical interference: Wizards cannot choose magic armour unless they have an option for 'normal' armour. (page 172 of the mini rulebook don't know if it's different for the bigger one)

The scar veteran can only have light armour (or magical armour) as it is not in the options. He is allowed heavy armour if it is magical basically but otherwise no.

As for the 2+ versus range I presume it is against magic as well as shooting attacks. But I am not 100% sure on that one.

12. HoverBoy
    Ripperdactil

HoverBoy New Member

Oops wrong thread.

13. Lingbei
    Cold One

Lingbei New Member

What is wrong thread?

14. HoverBoy
    Ripperdactil

HoverBoy New Member

I posted somethning not where i meant to so i edited it away, it's what i get for opening so many winows on my browser :oops:

15. wolfmage
    Temple Guard

wolfmage New Member

Magic misslies are in every way treated as ranged attacks, but you can't get away with this on direct damage or vortex thats where your mr3 for 50pts comes in.

16. rammramm
    Chameleon Skink

rammramm New Member

Where does it say that direct damadge is not a ranged attack?

I dont think there is a description for ranged attacks in the army book and in the lack of exact rules I would say that something that causes damadge from afar (i.e direct damadge) is a ranged attack.

Please inform me if I am wrong.

17. vapor
    Razordon

vapor New Member

Since the book only gives two main options for attacks, ranged and melee, I'm going to have to say most spells fall under "ranged".