1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AoS Getting into Seraphon - Need some help

Discussion in 'Seraphon Army Lists' started by ByzantineByron, Mar 30, 2021.

1. ByzantineByron
    Jungle Swarm

ByzantineByron New Member

Hi All,

I've just started my journey into AoS. Basically I'm a longtime 40k player, the last time I touched Fantasy was 16 years ago and I have been catching up on everything that has changed since then, including my favourite army being squatted (**sad Brettonian noises**)

I've decided that I wanted my first AoS army to be Seraphon for a number of reasons;

* Big Dinosaurs
    * Humming the Jurassic Park theme
    * Lord Kroak
    * BIG. FUCKIN. DINOS. WITH. LASERS.

So yeah, a lot of thought there.

Luckily I got my yearly bonus from work so went all out and I'll end up with the following

* Lord Kroak
    * Engine of the Gods
    * 44 Saurus Warriors
    * 48 Skinks
    * 15 Saurus Guard
    * 16 Saurus Knights
    * 2 Carnosaurs
    * 1 Bastiladon
    * 1 Skink Starpriest

I've aware there's some conversion possibilities in there as well, but basically I wanted to know what I could do with this list. I've been trying to read up the rules, but this whole Battleline and Battalion stuff confuses me, compared to 40k, with it's army building being relatively simple.

Thanks in advance!

2. FullParagon
    Jungle Swarm

FullParagon New Member

You mentioned you know about the converting possibilities, and I can't recommend them enough. I just got in myself after reading @Crowsfoot's guide to converting models from the start collecting box. I personally tried my hand at those, ending up with a nice Skink priest as well as an Eternity Warden and a scar vet on a cold one. I posted some pictures of the conversions I did, all you need is some of the bits from the boxes you already have an a little green stuff. I personally don't think I'll try the troglodon conversion as that seems to be beyond my skills just now.

I also seem to have bought nearly the exact same stuff as you (I got 2x each of the start collecting boxes, some warriors, some Saurus Guard and Lord Kroak).

This is the list I'm building towards (no games in so I can't comment on how it works).

1x Lord Kroak
    1x Saurus Astrolith bearer
    1x Scar vet on cold one
    1x Old Blood on Carnosaur
    1x Skink Starpriest

1x Bastillodon (Solar Engine)

40x Saurus Warriors
    15x Saurus Guard
    10x Saurus Knights

You can easily swap some stuff in and out, but the list comes out to 1960 points. I might try to cut something for a Balewind Vortex but those seem really hard to get your hands on.