8th Ed. Glittering robes

Discussion in 'Rules Help' started by Bishop_Sam, Oct 29, 2011.

1. Bishop_Sam
    Jungle Swarm

Bishop_Sam New Member

Not sure if this has already been covered (I looked and couldn't find anything), but does the scaly skin save from the glittering robes spell stack with our normal scaly skin saves? e.g. give our saurus warriors a 3+ scaly skin save

Cheers

Sam

2. Lord Tsunami
    Salamander

Lord Tsunami Member

special rules doesnt stack unless specified. scaly skin is a special rule, and hence it cant stack with the scaly skin we already have. ye, it sucks :(

3. Bishop_Sam
    Jungle Swarm

Bishop_Sam New Member

Hmmm... See that makes perfect sense following rules as written.

The reason I was unsure was that the description of the spell states "the wizard conjures up a gaudy cloak of shimmering scales to protect his allies," which makes me feel (but then again, I'm probably biased) that if it can combine with heavy armour and other forms of protection, it is logical that should also be able to augment our armour saves as well. Thicker scales improve our oldbloods save for example. It is possible that games workshop just didn't consider this combination when writing the rules.

I think I might email them and ask for clarification or an FAQ, whats the best way to do this? Do they have a contact email?

Cheers

Sam

4. HoverBoy
    Ripperdactil

HoverBoy New Member

Thats fine provided you follow the three steps of GW mail answers.

Step 1: E-mail them and get an answer.
    Step 2: Wait a few days.
    Step 3: E-mail them again and get an answer.

Now compare the two answers.
    If you repeat that enough times you'll likely get an average of what the right answer is.