8th Ed. Great standard of sundering.

Discussion in 'Rules Help' started by Idura, Oct 21, 2011.

1. Idura
    Saurus

Idura New Member

I have a question that might come up during our tourney this weekend. Im gonna be using a slann with Lore of Light and i know i'll be facing a daemon army with Great standard of sundering (all wizards get -2 to cast a lore of daemon players choice, In addition lore of light spells will miscast on a double of 1, 2 or 3.)

Now my question is, imagine im casting Pha's protection with 4 dices. i roll 4, 5, 2, 2. What happens? Does the spell go through AND i get a miscast? or does the spell fail and i get a miscast and not unable to cast more that turn?

2. Coatl
    Temple Guard

Coatl New Member

miscasting no longer means the spell fails, it just means something has gone wrong during the process. as long as you meet the casting value (with the -2 modifier of course) then you still get the spell off. the miscast thing could hurt pretty bad though

3. Idura
    Saurus

Idura New Member

I know :(. To late to change since the lists have already been posted! Thanks anyway ;). I'm sure the old ones will prevail anyhow.

4. SanDiegoSurrealist
    Ripperdactil

SanDiegoSurrealist New Member

It is a long shot but you might try this -

If the Daemon player has given his BSB Herald a Spell Caster Level, you can possibly take care of it in the first round. I am building an all Slannesh list and I make all my heralds, including my BSB a level 1; so I assume others are doing this as well.

If your Slann has Cupped Hands (which every good Slaan does) on your first cast throw a six dice Banishment at the BSB’s unit, mathematically you should get doubles, if that does not kill the BSB. Then hope for a nasty miscast roll and Cupped Hands his BSB and his banner into oblivion.

5. Stonecutter
    Terradon

Stonecutter Member

Not to tell you how to suck eggs, but in addition to what San Diego said, make sure you actually have LOS to an enemy wizard at all times (preferably the most valuable one) - i.e. they have to be in your forward arc. I have used this to my own advantage a number of times when playing against lizards by moving a wizard to a flank and then threatening the front and opposite side of the Slaan's unit with other units. While you may still be able to avoid the miscast with cupped hands, you cannot pass it along unless you have LOS.

6. BEEGfrog
    Razordon

BEEGfrog Member

Also remember that a slann with the extra dice discipline can cast with 7 dice as the extra dice is extra to all limits but the 12 dice in the casting pool rule.

7 dice make a double absolutely certain!