1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Greetings! Newbie to the hobby here!

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by ArtsyAlraune, Aug 30, 2022.

1. ArtsyAlraune
    Skink

ArtsyAlraune Active Member

Hello! As the title says, I'm a total newbie to this particular facet of the tabletop gaming hobby, but I've been getting progressively more interested in it lately. I've been painting miniatures for TTRPG characters for a couple years now, but thanks to a Games Workshop model painting contest my LGS is having, I'm dipping my toes into Age of Sigmar!

I've actually been lurking for a bit already without an account, after I bought the Start Collecting box for the paint contest I found the thread on kitbashing from that box. Now that I've completed my entry and first finished Games Workshop model (the Carnosaur with a Scar-Veteran), I thought I might as well register and check out some of the discussions and get some more ideas for painting the rest of my army! (I'll be sharing my work soon, after I nose around a little bit more to get an idea for how people post their stuff here!) Additionally, a friend of mine from my LGS has given me the honor of helping to build and paint his old lizardman army that he started collecting over twenty years ago and didn't get the chance to finish, and I'm chomping at the bit to get into all these fun models new and old, and make something fantastic! I'm mostly interested in the building and painting aspect of it so far, but I'm choosing which ones I do based on their potential gameplay value... and of course the lore.

2. Imrahil
    Slann

Imrahil Thirtheenth Spawning

Welcome along!

Always great to meet new people in our Jungle.
    I already spotted your painting blog, great stuff!

Have fun painting and figuring out the hobby.
    If you have any questions don't hasitate to ask.

Enjoy the forum

Grrr, Imrahil

ArtsyAlraune likes this.
  3. Lizards of Renown
    Slann

Lizards of Renown Herald of Creation

Welcome to Jurassic Park!

Fantastic choice of army and let us know if you have any questions! :D

LoR

Imrahil likes this.
  4. Killer Angel
    Slann

Killer Angel Prophet of the Stars Staff Member

Welcome to Lustria, for any doubt you may have... just ask. :)

and BTW, if you like the lore, you'll find a very rich subforum about that.