1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Greetings!

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by The Great White Lizard, Mar 23, 2021.

1. The Great White Lizard
    Chameleon Skink

The Great White Lizard Well-Known Member

Hello everyone! I'm a lizardmen enthusiast and an 8th edition diehard. I'm excited to finally be posting here after reading these threads for so long. You'll probably see me posting about my army list and (hopefully) battle reports. I'm also curious if anyone has discovered Mathias Eliasson's Warhammer armies project. It's basically similar to what 9th edition would look like.

Cuaq,
    The Great White Lizard

2. Lizards of Renown
    Slann

Lizards of Renown Herald of Creation

Thank the lord! @NIGHTBRINGER another of the faithful joins the forum!!!!

Welcome fellow Knight of Eight! :D

(In case not obvious, I am also a diehard 8th Edition player)

Great! Make sure you check out all of the sub-forums under Warhammer Fantasy, we've got some good threads going there.

Looking forwards to seeing the battle reports! Post any questions there about lists or rules as well as showing off any list and bright ideas you may have.

Welcome to Jurassic Park!

3. The Great White Lizard
    Chameleon Skink

Thank you! Your short stories were amazing.

4. Lizards of Renown
    Slann

Thanks! Do you also write them? We're always looking to attract new and fledgling writers into that competition!

5. Imrahil
    Slann

Imrahil Thirtheenth Spawning

Welcome along!

We support all types of play as long as it is Lizards riding dinos. :D
    Looking forward to your content.

Have fun around here.

Grrr, Imrahil

6. The Great White Lizard
    Chameleon Skink

I will definitely put up an entry for the next competition. I doubt it will be any good, but you never know ¯\_(ツ)_/¯.
    Although lizards riding turtles also count.

Thanks for all the responses!

7. Lizards of Renown
    Slann

I think people who write constantly underestimate themselves. I'm sure it'll be great.

Of course!

Can't wait to see your content being posted in the Warhammer Fantasy sub-forums!

8. Killer Angel
    Slann

Killer Angel Prophet of the Stars Staff Member

Sorry for the late welcome.
    Enjoy your stay!

QUOTE="The Great White Lizard, post: 364442, member: 20588"]I will definitely put up an entry for the next competition.[/QUOTE]

This is just amazing! :)

9. Lord Agragax of Lunaxoatl
    Slann

Lord Agragax of Lunaxoatl Eleventh Spawning

A belated welcome to the forums! Great to see another Fantasy player join us!

As you’re a die-hard 8th fan, are you a member of the Eighth Edition For Life (EEFL) forum? It hasn’t got such good software as this one but it’s home entirely to fans of Warhammer Fantasy like you and me (I’m called lordofskullpass over there):
    https://eefl.freeforums.net/

I’m glad to hear you’re a fan of unofficial army lists and custom rules too! I look forward to seeing your rules for the buffed-up Kroak model! Matthias Eliasson’s rules are a mixed bag in my opinion, some of his army books are great (Halflings, Estalia, Amazons) while others I really don’t like (his take on Albion, Dogs of War). I’m writing some custom rulesets too, have a look at my unofficial armies page on EEFL for some first drafts of my army books:
    https://eefl.freeforums.net/threads/recent/2507

I hope you enjoy your stay, and I look forward to seeing you around the forums! :)

10. The Great White Lizard
    Chameleon Skink

EEFL looks great! I play Beastmen as well as LM, so it will be a good place to find lists and battlereps for them. I actually checked out your Swarms of the Hive Mind rules back while I was still a lurker on the forum, and I was impressed by the comprehensiveness of everything. Writing custom rules and lore for new units is definitely one of my favorite parts of the hobby. Right now I'm trying to write an expansion book with some new LM units, but progress is slow. I do have a few decent ideas though, such as ethereal temple guard made up of the mist of Xlanhualapec. You may want to check out My Homebrew Lizardmen Lore of Magic, which I am still playtesting. Thanks!

11. Lord Agragax of Lunaxoatl
    Slann

Lord Agragax of Lunaxoatl Eleventh Spawning

Awesome! I’ve just started Beastmen as a 6th army, great to see another Beastmen player join us! I’ve been discussing over on EEFL how to give Beastmen the best 8th Edition experience, I’d love to hear your views on my suggestions:
    https://eefl.freeforums.net/threads/recent/2286

I’m glad you liked my Hive Mind ruleset! In the ‘other armies’ subforum of the Fantasy area I’ve included some playtesting batreps pitting some Hive Mind army builds against my five decently-sized armies to assess how powerful the list was, feel free to have a gander at those if you want to see the Tyranids in action against the denizens of the Warhammer world!

I’ve also written an Albion ruleset (which can be seen on EEFL alongside my Hive Mind list) with some of the units and characters based on this chap’s brilliant artwork:
    https://www.lustria-online.com/thre...artwork-by-matthew-klaas-de-witte-whfb.22079/

I look forward to seeing your expansion book, I’ve been considering doing similar for Dwarfs, as though our book was great we didn’t get that many new units at all which was a little disappointing.

I’ll have a look at your Lizardmen magic lore now, I was also surprised they simply repurposed High Magic, made it more generic and gave it to Lizardmen and Wood Elves as well as High Elves, rather than creating brand new magic lores for them.