1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

GW News: magic and prayers in #NewAoS

Discussion in 'General Hobby/Tabletop Chat' started by Cristhian MLR, Jan 23, 2016.

1. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

NIGHTBRINGER Second Spawning

Well, I'm not seeing the unit card for a Hellcannon in the video below. Perhaps that is because the art will be reused from the WoC army or alternatively, the Chaos Dwarfs roster doesn't include the Hellcannon.

The Deathshrieker Rocket launcher does have a unit card, so that one is confirmed. No Siege Giant though.

Imrahil likes this.
  2. Cristhian MLR
    Troglodon

Cristhian MLR Well-Known Member

3. Cristhian MLR
    Troglodon

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[​IMG]

Aggradon Lancers/Saurus Knights:

[​IMG]

Scar-Vet on Aggradon

[​IMG]

Kroxigors (new look, very Primal Zerg imo) and Warspawned Kroxigors (original crocodile men).

And the army box:

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 23, 2023
  4. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

New Saurus Cavalry are pretty damn big in scale. Definitely won't work for WHFB. Sculpt-wise they are a huge improvement over the old Saurus cav kit, but not as good as the DE cold ones in my opinion.

5. Cristhian MLR
    Troglodon

6. Cristhian MLR
    Troglodon

Imrahil likes this.
  7. Krox_v.2
    Razordon

Krox_v.2 Well-Known Member

So basically GW releases the sort of monstrous cavalry they should have had for 8th, for AOS...ugh. I'm getting the new krox when I can.

8. Cristhian MLR
    Troglodon

9. Cristhian MLR
    Troglodon

New edition this summer, and that cinematic was SWEET:

Refreshed classics:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

New datasheet format:

[​IMG]

And here's a whole article.

10. Lord-Marcus
    Slann

Lord-Marcus Sixth Spawning

They went with the jawline from Jurassic world in the raptors, and it looks too much like a crooked smile with the bright ass paint job. I like them though.

Kroxigors are what I wanted.

Army box is bunk. Should have had a mix of cavalry not 2 of the same units.

The lion is bearded Tywin Lannister. We now have big E's shield. Just a few primarchs more (or all crux terminates melted down ) until the custodes can declare "Exodia" and the emperor can get the show on the road again.

I am continually impressed by GW's low-rent jawas.

Just A Skink and NIGHTBRINGER like this.
  11. Lord-Marcus
    Slann

Where

12. Lord-Marcus
    Slann

Primaris scale indomitus pattern terminators?

Screenshot_20230323-000459.png

13. Lord-Marcus
    Slann

A taste of what we can certainly see coming for AoS beastmen. Nice and good for conversions

Screenshot_20230323-001104.png

I appreciate the multiple head options/ sotek focused kroxigors. Disappointed I didn't get my powerfists.

Screenshot_20230323-001240.png Screenshot_20230323-001249.png

New artwork. Rescaled terminators, as I suspected

Screenshot_20230323-001516.png

New gaunts. I like the update but unless they are inexpensive, meh
    Screenshot_20230323-001539.png

Oh my gods why. This is generic fantasy human ala mantic men at arms. Good details, little flavor.

Screenshot_20230323-001721.png

New individual characters for OBR and vyrkos vamps.

Both look like patchworks of re-tweaked existing assets. The OBR character is especially bad.

I also dislike the current trend of re-used art asset covers with brightness and gamma filters applied for battletomes.

Screenshot_20230323-001809.png Screenshot_20230323-001838.png

14. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

What does everyone think of the new Kroxigors? Better than the current generation? If so, by how much?

They're okay, but I still believe that
    85bc5cf38389a4eedf7f024aac8e2dde.jpg
    reign supreme.

Agree... disagree?

15. Croco Guard
    Cold One

Croco Guard Well-Known Member

I would love to have a set of Woogity's Kroxs. I still feel like they are just the right level of fantasy monster strong dino while not going straight alligator. I'm looking forward to more paint jobs since I think the Krox paint jobs likely don't do the scupts justice. I'm all about these new raptors. All of our mounts are adorable in the eating people kind of way.

16. JTSleep
    Stegadon

JTSleep Well-Known Member

That is, in my opinion, extremely accurate description.
    They are new and crisp. They are looking better, but...
    Not my cup of tea. I'll be printing more OPR crocs in forseeable future :)

Just A Skink and NIGHTBRINGER like this.
  17. Just A Skink
    Skink Chief

Just A Skink Well-Known Member

Really? I think I like these over the DE cold ones (which are nice, don't get me wrong). "Cold One" may not have been the most creative name, but I'm not 100% sold on Aggradon. I mean, we had TerraDON, TrogloDON, StegaDON, BastilaDON, now RaptoDON and AggraDON. What about Aggrasaur or Aggronychus?

I think the new Kroxigor are generally better than the current sculpts. But I don't know how I feel about the shorter-snouted main Kroxigor. The head and back sculpts look very similar to Tyranids, or maybe a little like SCE dragons. I tend to prefer the crocodilian heads of the Kroxigor Warspawned. There is still something really great about Woogity's Kroxigors, and I agree that his win the look.

With all of these recent Lizard model updates, I find aspects that I like and aspects that I'm sad to see change/disappear. Overall, the sculpts look more like real dinosaurs, and less like fantasy dinosaurs.

Plus, I'm wondering about GW's wording of the "plan is complete." Is this all of the updates? What about Guard, our missing Saurus foot heroes, and Razordons?

18. Just A Skink
    Skink Chief

Just A Skink Well-Known Member

19. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

Agreed. They aren't necessarily bad, but somehow, for some reason, they just don't WOW me. Maybe my expectations were too high (comparing them to Woogity's models). I was thinking that if anything could get me back into Lizardmen, it would be snazzy new Kroxigor models, but I just don't see myself rushing out to pick these up.

I really like the DE Cold Ones, so that is no insult to these models. These do look good

Maybe slightly so, but not significantly. I'd have to see them side by side in person to really give them a fair shake.

I think we'll get Razordons a the very least, but that is speculation on my part purely from standpoint that they were removed from the GW website.

No new news on The Old World. With 10th edition 40k dropping, TOW may be a bit of a ways off.

Also... no plastic Chaos War Mammoth :( (not that we were expecting one, but GW could throw me a bone here).

Just A Skink, Imrahil and JTSleep like this.
  20. Cristhian MLR
    Troglodon

Overall impressions:

• Leonel Messi is better then Lion El'Jonson. Now seriously, it is cool that he got older while Robot Guilligan just froze in time, and while he looks like a Lannister, I certainly prefer the helmeted heads. Now the problem is WHICH helmeted heads.

I'm still a son of Russ/Vulkan at heart though.

• OH BROTHER IN THE GREAT PLAN.

Aggradons do not seem to replace Saurus Knights. They appear to be on the base size of the Varanguard, which is awesome, and they seem to come only in units of three, and that makes me think Cold Ones will still stay for another while before getting an actual resculpt. Sorry if they already said this on stream, but I was just screaming and laughing of pure excitement. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I love how these aggradons, while looking a lot like the actual Jurassic Park raptors, now, thanks to our updated knowledge on dinosaurs, they also kinda look like noasaurids, the sister family of Abelisaurids (the family of dinosaurs Carnotaurus belongs to). The most recent (and only, afaIk) show on mainstream media was Masiakasaurus, the little dinosaur eating crabs in Prehistoric Planet. Aggrados now also kinda look like Megaraptorian in size compared to Carnosaurs. I do get the "don" fatigue, but hey, we could expect new models to get "saur" names too!

I love the new Sotek Spawned Kroxigors, and yes, I do prefer the Woogity's non-Leatherhead's look, but I guess they wanted to do a more, let's say, "reallistic" approach, where both arms and legs where of a more human-like proportions, rather then make them more of gorilla-like with huge, kinda cartoonish hands.

Regular Kroxies are weird though. They look a ton just like Dehaka from StarCraft II, or Heroes of the Storm, or, that being said, Primal Zergs, so maybe they could be excellent conversions for 40K, ironically. I have to see yet other paintjobs, but the Blessed Spawn is just better.

I doubt I'll get the army box, but I'm still hooked.

F for Razordon not getting a refresh.

• I just kinda not care for Death heroes, but hey, is nice to see them getting their book. Poor Lady forgor to vax.

FEC not having their tome yet only makes me think they will be really strong once they get they're out, which should be sooner because they just leaked the next Warcry box, which is SCE versus FEC!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

• I really don't care about the Dawnbringers though. And those models are bland as heck.

• I like the new Underworlds box set. SCE are solid but HOLY MOLLY TZEENTCH IS OBSCENE. That's the kind of abominant, warped horrors/tzaangors I want.

• THOSE 40K BEASTMEN AND UPGRADED LOV ARE AWESOME!!!! I do hope to get that box. This also gives us a glimps of what Fantasy Beasties should look like in a few editions or so.

• The best cinematic trailer ever. It does feel like Leviathan fleet is just going to consume everyone. Ultras getting the L for once is so therapeutic. The new Termies look amazing, the refreshed Termas too. I haven't readed the article and I was busy doing some chores while they explained the rules, but if they want to rid off the excesive amounts of rules, I'm on.

Imrahil likes this.