1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

GW News: Combat phase in #NewAoS

Discussion in 'General Hobby/Tabletop Chat' started by Cristhian MLR, Jan 23, 2016.

1. Just A Skink
    Skink Chief

Just A Skink Well-Known Member

Some pretty neat looking models; and so soon based on their last release.

We Lizards only get a small warband of new models. Sigh... I guess some is better than none.

Lizerd, Imrahil and Erta Wanderer like this.
  2. Lord Agragax of Lunaxoatl
    Slann

Lord Agragax of Lunaxoatl Eleventh Spawning

I’m just going to relay my response to this from the AoS Rumour thread:

3. Imrahil
    Slann

Imrahil Thirtheenth Spawning

I know, Right!!! Time for some new SCE .... :p
    Sorry, couldn't resist ;)

But honnestly, I like the amount of positions the new models come in (pun intended)

Much variety. And detailed sculpts.

Grrr, Imrahil

Lizerd and Just A Skink like this.
  4. xoid
    Terradon

xoid Well-Known Member

To me doing a new Hedonittes of Slaanesh book already feels like them saying they screwed up the last one so bad there is no way to fix it other then starting over.

Personally I've long had a soft spot in my heart for Slaanesh, and love the new models, so I'm not as upset as some of you, but I can understand where that frustration comes from.

Lizerd, Imrahil and Just A Skink like this.
  5. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

NIGHTBRINGER Second Spawning

1c0702812dad73b6648655fd24b106c2.jpg

:p

6. Erta Wanderer
    OldBlood

Erta Wanderer Well-Known Member

if that was their goal then there where several other books that deserve a hard rest more then slaanesh. and as we have seen from the rumer engiens this was in the works since at least march(probably longer) 11 months after their book came out it just seems very unnecessary. they should have waited on the first book, if they knew what was coming and how the lore was going to change they should have just come out with it all at once. now it looks like favoritisme(even though it's not) with them getting 2 books 2 white dwarf rule sets 3 named heroes a majore resculpt and 6 new units at different times in under 2 years. all while factions like orks and ogres get 1 hero model and a book each in 9 years.fyre slayers are still sitting on 5 kits in total and other factions have to cannibalize GWs other games to find new stuff. see scaven, cities(who lost models), seraphon, nurgle, khorne, all of leagions of nagash, FEC,and beasts of chaos.
    probably also why people are so sick of seeing new armies. we just want new stuff for the factions we do play.

7. Canas
    Slann

Canas Ninth Spawning

I don't think their tome has been updated to include the newest models (you know the SCE wizards) yet. So yeah, ironicly they might actually be overdue a new tome :p

Yeah, at leasts they're nice models. That's something I guess.

Yeah I honestly don't get why GW is so obsessed with releasing full new armies instead of giving updates with a few new models to existing ones. We've got over 20 armies now, with another coming out in february. With several existing armies seemingly forgotten. Why not just support the stuff that exist instead of constantly releasing new stuff?

Lizerd and Imrahil like this.
  8. Erta Wanderer
    OldBlood

mainly bigger upfront cost at the moment. a new army is much more expensive then 1-3 units of said army and so for now it's more profitable to convince people to star something new then update something old.
    this won't keep working though in fact it's already starting to slow down. people can only support so many armies(usually 2) and with them spread so thin less and less people are taking up the new stuff. we can already see this with gargants.

LizardWizard and Lizerd like this.
  9. Canas
    Slann

Canas Ninth Spawning

well yeah, but recurring revenue tends to be important. And without updates even new armies won't generate much revenue after the initial boom. Which is just a bit odd.

Lizerd likes this.
  10. Erta Wanderer
    OldBlood

i don't think GW is all that interested in long term sustainability. all of their current disitions point to them ridding the wave of new players and fleecing them before they burn out

LizardWizard and Lizerd like this.
  11. Lord Agragax of Lunaxoatl
    Slann

[​IMG]

Is this definite? Where did you find this out?

Imrahil, Lizerd and NIGHTBRINGER like this.
  12. Canas
    Slann

Canas Ninth Spawning

The GW post about the new schedule from last week. Though I gues that might also have been the announcement for Slaanesh's new tome now that I think about it.

13. Lord Agragax of Lunaxoatl
    Slann

Just seen it, and that’s referring to the Slaanesh one which is for an existing army rather than a new one:
    You had me getting excited for a minute there.

Lizerd likes this.
  14. Canas
    Slann

Canas Ninth Spawning

yeah... thought it said "new army" not new tome. But with it being tome it's obviously Slaanesh. Somehow makes Slaanesh doubly disappointing.

Erta Wanderer and Lizerd like this.
  15. Lizerd
    Skink Priest

Lizerd Well-Known Member

This might come off as excessively negative, but imho slaanesh was one of the last factions that should have been updated. They only been brought back in line for a few months, and still have some nasty synergies that let them remain somewhat competitive. If they wanted to do a minor set of add on rules, they could have used broken realms, which to our knowledge is going through factions and giving them new stuff, sorta like psychic awakening. It was just established and received decent feedback, so why not continue that trend and update old battletomes that actually need help (namely most if not all the early aos 2.0 battletomes).

Overall i agree with @Lord Agragax of Lunaxoatl 100% on the issue

16. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

17. Lord Agragax of Lunaxoatl
    Slann

Imrahil, NIGHTBRINGER and Canas like this.
  18. Killer Angel
    Slann

Killer Angel Prophet of the Stars Staff Member

I find that single FW models can be a pretty cool "bonus" to an army, and they may be costly but our is not a cheap hobby.
    It's when you need to have entire units made with FW models that things go crazy.

19. Lord Agragax of Lunaxoatl
    Slann

That’s fair, and of course because this Ent model will only be around Carnifex size maybe he won’t be that comparatively expensive (especially as the cost of GW plastics are increasing - just look at the Lumineth, their spearman models are almost the same price as the Forge World Iron Hills Dwarves)

20. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

Good point. The cost gap between Forge World and GW has closed quite significantly over the past few years. There used to exist quite a disparity between the two, but GW prices have skyrocketed over the last decade.