1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

GW News: Battleshock GONE! and more! AoS 4

Discussion in 'General Hobby/Tabletop Chat' started by Cristhian MLR, Jan 23, 2016.

1. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

NIGHTBRINGER Second Spawning

Of course not... GW wants you to buy new ones... preferably at Forge World prices!

2. Imrahil
    Slann

Imrahil Thirtheenth Spawning

Silly me ;)

Grrr, Imrahil

3. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

That's a great point on the Mandalorian. The story is pretty basic and mediocre (especially in season 2), but it has achieved a huge amount of success due to nostalgia and Original Trilogy fan service (with some good looking visuals too). Nostalgia is a powerful tool, but I don't think TOW can rely purely on it as the Mandalorian has. Here's hoping that GW can balance solid game mechanics while staying true to the world that was (both story wise and in terms of the actual game itself).

4. Lord Agragax of Lunaxoatl
    Slann

Lord Agragax of Lunaxoatl Eleventh Spawning

Yeah, you’re probably right, even though that would suck. The same fate will probably befall Tomb Kings if they are even in the game at all :sour:

Good job I haven’t chosen either of these to be my 6th army...

LizardWizard and Imrahil like this.
  5. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

I wouldn't mind seeing a Khemric Titan model!! :woot: Or some TK terrain!

Speaking of which, have you picked up the Beastmen SC box yet? Or anything else?

6. Lizards of Renown
    Slann

Lizards of Renown Herald of Creation

+1

As gone over.

LizardWizard likes this.
  7. Killer Angel
    Slann

Killer Angel Prophet of the Stars Staff Member

It's not that Star Wars - a new hope, has this great story...

LizardWizard likes this.
  8. Canas
    Slann

Canas Ninth Spawning

Blasphemy! :p

In all seriousness though, it always surprises me how highly regarded the story in the original triology is, it's pretty basic when it comes down to it.

9. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

It's the classic hero's journey. When joined by episodes V and VI they tell a pretty great story.

The fact that it is so enduring would point to it possessing a special quality.

Lizards of Renown likes this.
  10. Just A Skink
    Skink Chief

Just A Skink Well-Known Member

Sorry, I have a bad tendency to sidetrack threads. We even have a whole Star Wars thread elsewhere on the forums. Obviously, my main comparison is that now that the Warhammer Fantasy world is the "World that Was", it's similar to any past/nostalgic thing (and I just chose SW as a popular example). Despite rules, GW will probably draw in a certain amount, or a certain kind, of fans just due to the love for this setting. But I totally agree that it will only keep them if the game is satisfying to play.

EDIT: But, I also tend to believe that it will have all new minis and fans may not be able to use old minis. How else is GW going to make $$ off of it otherwise?

11. Killer Angel
    Slann

And there's nothing wrong with it, it's a classical neverending trope. But it's a pretty simple structure, so if the Mandalorian's story is "basic" i cannot consider it a negative point.
    A story can proceed in a straightforward way... it's how you tell it that matters.

LOL i was forgetting this is about ToW. :p

12. Lizards of Renown
    Slann

Lizards of Renown Herald of Creation

My guess is they haven't even started figuring that out.

Hopefully they're aware of the fact that they need to do some SERIOUSLY hard work to actually make TOW a viable upgrade to 8th edition IMHO. They surely must be aware of the fact that, even just from a financial viewpoint, there is a considerable niche for a higher intelligence, more in-depth strategy and larger scale game.

But then again, probably not. I should probably stop kidding myself.

13. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

Well the Mandalorian Season 2 story is significantly more simple. To the point where it feels like a repeating string of video game side quests.

That said, I still enjoyed it. Nostalgia!

14. Killer Angel
    Slann

LizardWizard and Imrahil like this.
  15. Canas
    Slann

Canas Ninth Spawning

I mean, awesome model. But how much new stuff exactly is Slaanesh going to get? This is what, the 8th or 9th new unit? There's entire factions that have to make due with less, and they get it as an update about 1.5 years after their first battletome.

Also, does this mean Tzeentch & Nurgle will get a decent mortal update as well? Cuz those two are starting too look rather poor in the mortal department compared to Slaanesh & Khorne at this point.

And based on that video, Lumineth is getting an update as well. Which is a bit odd, given that that is also a rather recent faction. Another horse, and what appears to be the monkey king but wearing lumineth armour.

Also, the first look at that new undead faction they keep hinting at with rumour engines. The vampir-y one with ornate sabres. Might even have a vampire-hunter kind of vibe. One of those models appears to be carrying stakes. Which at least seems somewhat promising, might actually be opposed to Nagash then.

16. Lord Agragax of Lunaxoatl
    Slann

Lord Agragax of Lunaxoatl Eleventh Spawning

Gloriously horrible you mean. Those fat things that take up front and centre are hideous and more suited toward Nurgle.

And I thought GW had given us enough BS on Christmas Day...
    Yeah, that sucks big time. Wouldn’t be surprised if GW torment us by putting us last and then giving us a subpar release

I’m bloody annoyed about Slaanesh getting so much new stuff and being made the poster boys/girls/things of the new year. It’s not like they need or deserve it given they’re still strong in the AoS meta.

Please no, not when there are other factions that need reinforcements more (Fyreslayers specifically). I want to see some Dwarfs! It’s ages since we’ve had any Dwarfs!

That’s what I saw. I wouldn’t be surprised if it was just a character because Lumineth actually only have a couple of unnamed character models, but come on GW, there are other factions that need attention more right now (see above).
    Where was that? Death was mentioned at the end of the trailer, but I couldn’t see anything particularly Undead-oriented. I saw a figure in black robes with a bronze shield but that didn’t look Undead.

I’m interested in who that chap riding the puff of wind is. Is he Lumineth or the first Malekith Elf?

17. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

18. xoid
    Terradon

xoid Well-Known Member

I like the model, and love having something Slaanesh focusing on some form of excess other then sex.

LizardWizard likes this.
  19. Canas
    Slann

Canas Ninth Spawning

Mwha, I actually like that they're going the Gluttony route with this model. It's nice to see a follower of Slaanesh who's excess isn't just based on torture and fallic shapes.

To be honest, I'd love an update to the mortal side of Tzeentch. Right now it's a fairly incoherent mess with virtually no inherent synergies to speak off. It's just a random collection of units. It'd be nice if there was at least some semblance of coherency and synergy.

Admittadly, they don't need it for the power.

upload_2021-1-1_17-1-44.png
    upload_2021-1-1_17-2-5.png

upload_2021-1-1_17-1-27.png

His axe and cloak are tattered, which generally only happens with the undeath in Warhammer.

And his skin/nails/mouth fit with a frankenstein corpes. Bit green, decayed. Reminds me of creepy gravekeepers in old cartoons.

upload_2021-1-1_17-0-9.png
    Lumineth, he wears the same kind of armour and tools. Same painting scheme as well.

Attached Files:

20. Canas
    Slann

Canas Ninth Spawning

upload_2021-1-1_17-16-59.png
    Also the vampire hunter with his stakes. I would assume both of these fit in the same faction. They wear similar leather. And to be honest, undead vampire hunters that oppose Nagash and his court of bloodsuckers seems fun :p