1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

GW News: magic and prayers in #NewAoS

Discussion in 'General Hobby/Tabletop Chat' started by Cristhian MLR, Jan 23, 2016.

1. Canas
    Slann

Canas Ninth Spawning

No the starseer and priests are seperate classes/ranks of priest. I mean, it's possible for that skink leader to be a starseer obviously. But the words aren't interchangeable in AoS.

ChapterAquila92 likes this.
  2. Lord Agragax of Lunaxoatl
    Slann

Lord Agragax of Lunaxoatl Eleventh Spawning

All right, the Skink in the Underworlds Warband must be a Starseer then, as his staff has a gold serpent on top and the plastic Skink Priest (AKA the existing Starseer model) also has a golden symbol on top of his staff as far as I can recall.

LizardWizard likes this.
  3. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

NIGHTBRINGER Second Spawning

Don't you mean:

"good news, Beastmen got a new model!"? :D

4. Imrahil
    Slann

Imrahil Thirtheenth Spawning

Hahaha Lol

Grrr, Imrahil

NIGHTBRINGER likes this.
  5. Canas
    Slann

Canas Ninth Spawning

New model:
    upload_2021-1-7_8-30-52.png

Starseer:

upload_2021-1-7_8-31-10.png

Priest:
    upload_2021-1-7_8-31-29.png

Starpriest:
    upload_2021-1-7_8-31-39.png

If we go purely by staff-similarities I'd say the underworlds warband would be a variant of a starpriest. Which would be a rank below starseer. Which imho makes sense seeing as the starseer is only outranked by the Slann and so probably wouldn't be leading a small warband like this. Admittadly it is GW we're speaking off, so no reason it has to make sense :p

ChapterAquila92 and Imrahil like this.
  6. Erta Wanderer
    OldBlood

Erta Wanderer Well-Known Member

well if we are talking rank they have a old blood going on this covert mission. so if we have one of our elite generals going i don't see why we couldent also have a seer. lets just throw all the nonsense in there no one will mind

7. Canas
    Slann

Canas Ninth Spawning

In fairness, saurus ranks seem to be less formal and work more like for examples Orks. The biggest strongest & oldest is the boss. Whereas the skink seem to follow an actual formal hierarchical structure. So an oldblood going doesn't necesarly mean a general is going, just a saurus who's lived X period of time. So imho, that'd make more sense than a starseer :p

but ultimatly it doesn't really matter. Just hoping that the starseer hints at something seperate from the underworlds warband.

On a sidenote, have individual warbands gotten a hammerhald before? Usually the hammerhalds are reserved for bigger releases, like a boxed game, new tome or a new season of underworld. And not just used for 1 individual warband/unit.

ChapterAquila92 likes this.
  8. Erta Wanderer
    OldBlood

Erta Wanderer Well-Known Member

i know the centaur aelves got one

9. Canas
    Slann

Canas Ninth Spawning

well that's dissapointing, if it was reserved purely for bigger releases it'd be more hopefull.

Erta Wanderer likes this.
  10. Lord Agragax of Lunaxoatl
    Slann

If so, where’s the rest of the body and why’s that Sigmarine desecrating the base? ;)

Last edited: Jan 7, 2021
    ChapterAquila92 and NIGHTBRINGER like this.
  11. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

12. Jason839
    Salamander

Jason839 Well-Known Member

Looks great, definitely going to use the priest with the holy hand grenade in my regular games.

it just bugs me that they can do such great work on our bloodbowl team and now our underworlds but they can't be bothered to make new skink and saurus unit modes.

13. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

Too many armies to update!

14. Cristhian MLR
    Troglodon

Cristhian MLR Well-Known Member

Naturally, they all look amazing.

Also, hopes for more: they textually wrote down "the first Seraphon warband".

I wanted a plastic Kroxigor for this warband, maybe we'll get a Razor or Sally later one with the Kroxy I wanted. Who knows? maybe then we'll transition to a full plastic range.

Wonder if Crendor will make an emoji out of Kixi-Taka.

Just A Skink, Imrahil, Canas and 3 others like this.
  15. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

I'm not sure about the Saurus model, I need to see a better angle. The skinks are all pretty solid and the orb wielding priest is absolutely sublime!

That would have made the kit much more interesting. I probably would have made the purchase if a Kroxigor was included.

16. Lord Agragax of Lunaxoatl
    Slann

A plastic Kroxigor would have been great (and I certainly hope we do see some plastic ones at some point), but we do have two other Warbands with Monstrous Infantry models in them (Mollog's Mob and Hrothgorn's Mantrappers), so a third MI model would have perhaps been too similar to either of those in terms of mechanics (i.e. relying on the single strong fighter to defeat all comers and using the rest of the models as chaff). Instead we got a more balanced warband, which I think is more realistic because Lizardmen have always historically relied upon the Saurus and Skinks working together to defeat the foe, compared to Ogres, for example, where the Ogres themselves do all the brute work and the Gnoblars are just along for the ride.

Personally I think the Chameleon Skink is the best model - much better than the Blood Bowl ones. If only we could get a full set of them!

Now, what interests me is we're getting another teaser of the next Warband:
    [​IMG]

Who are these guys?

We already had a preview of one of their models and their faction symbol in a previous article:
    Snip.PNG

I still think they're going to be Dark Elves, either our first glimpse of Malekith's lot or Black Ark Corsairs, given they've been causing trouble in Broken Relams: Morathi, long hair is a trademark of Elf models, they would fit well as a foil to the High Elves 2.0 in the starter box and their logo is a beast's skull (certainly in Fantasy Dark Elf society the Corsairs were renowned as beast killers as well as raiders). However I wouldn't be surprised if it was more of Slaanesh's goons either, as GW have gone Slaanesh-mad at the moment and the elegant cutlass swords look rather like some of the weapons on the new Slaaneshi mortal models.

17. Canas
    Slann

Canas Ninth Spawning

meh the skull reminds me a bit too much of vampires & bats. So I wouldn't be surprised if this is part of the undead stuff they keep teasing.

As for the hair; it seems to slick to be an elf, those tend to have billowing hair, not slick hair sticking to the model.

Imrahil likes this.
  18. Lord Agragax of Lunaxoatl
    Slann

The hair is too long for Vampires though - all the existing Vampire models are either bald or have hair that only goes down to the shoulders, whereas these models clearly have much longer hair. The only reason it isn’t billowing is because the models are standing still, Elf hair doesn’t have a life of its own ;)

NIGHTBRINGER and Imrahil like this.
  19. Canas
    Slann

Canas Ninth Spawning

You sure about that? Morathi is standing perfectly still and even her hair is moving in the wind:
    upload_2021-1-9_17-43-37.png

I don't think GW has a single elf/aeldari/etc. with visible long hair that's just calmly hanging down outside of the LotR game.

Anyway, I'd say it's either the undead nonsense they keep teasing or possibly the corsairs. But given that most of the recent teases we saw with the elegant sabers and such seemed to be more undead-ish I'd lean towards that option.

20. Lord Agragax of Lunaxoatl
    Slann

That? That’s nothing really, and the first model teased seems to have a bit of that wind effect too.

I stand by my original conclusion, especially as Vampire scum have enough miniatures. They don’t need anymore, especially (gods forbid) their own faction.

Just A Skink likes this.