1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

GW News: Battleshock GONE! and more! AoS 4

Discussion in 'General Hobby/Tabletop Chat' started by Cristhian MLR, Jan 23, 2016.

1. Lord-Marcus
    Slann

Lord-Marcus Sixth Spawning

as to the chaos warriors, no its not. the top row are brand new sculpts and believed to be the multipart warriors. The monopose from the start collecting are the bottom row.

This is supported by the banner, horn, and halberd.

Just A Skink likes this.
  2. Lord Agragax of Lunaxoatl
    Slann

Lord Agragax of Lunaxoatl Eleventh Spawning

I certainly don't think so, all they've teased about that faction thus far is a few random bitz, that says to me that it's going to be a long project like Plastic Sisters of Battle was, and I'm sure in the AoS Rumour Thread someone already found a post from TGA confirming Lumineth was up next from the Order side.

Two different brand new Chaos Warrior kits? Well that's completely unnecessary, faction bias comes to the fore once again :mad:

Just A Skink likes this.
  3. Lord-Marcus
    Slann

No, not. Two. .....gah this isn't working let me rephrase:

The photo is of 8 chaos warriors.

The. Bottom are paint jobs of models we already have available through the start collecting.

The top row is suspected to be the new multi-part kit.

Just A Skink likes this.
  4. Erta Wanderer
    OldBlood

Erta Wanderer Well-Known Member

i would be vary vary surprised if it was. the announcement was that they had just started on it so im not expecting it until at least next year.

5. Lord Agragax of Lunaxoatl
    Slann

What I mean is GW have released two brand-new unnecessary Chaos Warrior kits in the past year or two - the monopose one via the Start Collecting box and now this multipart one, which I've never seen before, which is a clear sign of faction bias especially given the existing one made for Warhammer Fantasy is still fine.

Just A Skink likes this.
  6. Lord-Marcus
    Slann

No it's not. The shields in the old set don't match the updated curved scutum shape.

They aren't unecessesary, and frankly a multi-part kit after the only other option bring SC monopose is a good thing

7. Lord Agragax of Lunaxoatl
    Slann

But what was the point of updating the shields in the first place? The original shield designs looked fine, and if GW really wasted so much money and time developing a pointless remake of a fine set just to change the shield designs then their faction bias is worse than I thought.

The monopose set released in the SC was itself unnecessary, as were the Chaos Knights, and pretty much made it a requirement that an additional multipart set with the same aesthetics was also needed, when the Fantasy set still holds up fine and a remake of it was not needed. GW could certainly have found far more deserving candidates to be remade than Chaos Warriors - Saurus because about 90% of people on here keep complaining how small the 6th Edition models look compared to Temple Guard e.t.c, Gors because some of the weapon hands hold the weapons at angles that aren't good for modelling them in a fighting pose, Night Runners because they're still 'Monkey Rats', the list goes on. Given GW are already releasing a load of unnecessary new units for Warriors, they didn't need to add a pointless Warrior kit remake as well. All of this is bringing back bad memories of the horribly large amount of new kits, necessary or otherwise, they released for Vampire Counts...

8. Lord-Marcus
    Slann

Isn't more kits a good thing in general, for conversion bits?

9. Erta Wanderer
    OldBlood

Erta Wanderer Well-Known Member

new model for LRL so fall book confirmed
    [​IMG]

10. Killer Angel
    Slann

Killer Angel Prophet of the Stars Staff Member

Because of course Lumineth need one... :meh:

11. Lord-Marcus
    Slann

agreed. They need to do something different.

12. Lord Agragax of Lunaxoatl
    Slann

It all depends on what you want to convert, I'm not sure what Chaos Warriors could be converted into. All I can think of is just the standards and perhaps some of the weapons would look good on Beastman models as well.

Well at least it's just one (or two?) unnamed hero models and nothing more, which is what I was expecting and hoping.

Hopefully their Third Edition Battletome tones them down as most of the others have done to improve the game balance.

That's interesting by the way that they can now only ally with Idoneth, they can't even ally with Stormcast or Cities. I wonder if that will make them more balanced?

13. ChapterAquila92
    Skar-Veteran

ChapterAquila92 Well-Known Member

Thus far, the only way they can feature with more than just Idoneth is through Settler's Gain, a Cities of Sigmar subfaction introduced in Broken Realms.

14. Cristhian MLR
    Terradon

Cristhian MLR Well-Known Member

Scinari Loreseeker already exist...

15. Lord Agragax of Lunaxoatl
    Slann

Even better, just the one unnamed hero model for Lumineth and nothing else is just what every non-Lumineth player ordered ;)

16. Padre
    Stegadon

Padre Well-Known Member

Maybe for AoS, yes. But there is also a lot of broad applicability to convert Chaos Warriors into CSM for 40k.

Padre

17. Cristhian MLR
    Terradon

Cristhian MLR Well-Known Member

Sylvaneth Vanguard so far leaked, and is the best so far by a wide margin:

[​IMG]

I hope ours is as good as this one.

I wanted to talk with you about the new set of Vanguards too. Please feel free to debate if you want here, or should we make a new thread on the forum?

How do you feel about them so far? Let's put them all and compare:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

- Skaven one is pretty good, and while I'll miss the Pestilens SC! for contents, the Stormvermin make for it.
    - While discounted Wyches are always good, I think the DoK SC! was better by a good margin.
    - NH are good. The Malign Portents hero on discount makes me think if the rest of thos heroes will be on their respective Vanguards too.

If we go a bit back, leaving the Magmadroth outside the FS Vanguard and having on individual sale again FOR TWO MORE DOLLARS was an already an insult, but having 10 basic semi naked Dorfs with only 5 Guards and one Battlesmith is outrageous.

The IDK is not bad at all.

Just A Skink and Imrahil like this.
  18. Lord-Marcus
    Slann

Saurus better get a damn good vanguard

19. Lord Agragax of Lunaxoatl
    Slann

The Fyreslayer one has 20 Vulkites not 10, which isn't bad given Vulkites are superior to a lot of other armies' Battleline troops one-on-one (even with the nerf, whoever suggested those changes obviously doesn't like Dwarfs) and I was pleased to see the expensive Hearthguard and Battlesmith added (especially as multiple Battlesmiths are going to be a popular build with the new book) but it was a shame the Magmadroth was removed and not only kept at the overly-expensive price it was given before it became part of the SC box but also with an additional £7 added. It should be £40-£50 and no more. Fortunately there are independent retailers who can discount it to be closer to that price though, and I will trade with them if I want to start Fyreslayers in the future.

I'm not actually particularly impressed with the Sylvaneth one, given that Tree Revenants aren't much better than Dryads and you only get 5 of the former, compared to 16 Dryads in the SC box. Yes you get 3 Kurnoth Hunters, but they could have added in either another 5 Revenants or replaced the existing 5 Revenants with a larger number of Dryads.

The others are fine, though in general I don't like how GW keep raising the bar for starting an army. Having to spend £80 now to start makes me wince and I'm glad I got the Beastman SC box while it was there.

20. Lord-Marcus
    Slann

Yea revs are only useful in 5s, but the sylvaneth pages have been abuzz with people beeing excited to pour themselves into multiples of the kit to form an army.