1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

GW News: Combat phase in #NewAoS

Discussion in 'General Hobby/Tabletop Chat' started by Cristhian MLR, Jan 23, 2016.

1. Canas
    Slann

Canas Ninth Spawning

They're too small. They look to be about the same size as the human.
    But, stick em on a larger base and you're probably fine I guess. :p

Imrahil likes this.
  2. Just A Skink
    Skink Chief

Just A Skink Well-Known Member

I couldn't resist posting a pic of a new Skink miniature I found on Etsy ;)

[​IMG]

3. Canas
    Slann

Canas Ninth Spawning

O, I should make my girlfriend make me one. She made me something resembling a thunderlizard a while back too.

4. Killer Angel
    Slann

Killer Angel Prophet of the Stars Staff Member

So cute and threatening at the same time. :D

5. Lord-Marcus
    Slann

Lord-Marcus Sixth Spawning

Well there's potentially new lizard men based on that teaser trailer. Looking forward to new Saurus.

Imrahil and Just A Skink like this.
  6. Just A Skink
    Skink Chief

Just A Skink Well-Known Member

Yes, indeed. It's exciting to have updated models. I just hope that they all look good. It would be a shame to wait 20 years for the lizard equivalent of "Ogre with antlers and a headband."

Let me see... where can I sell one of my kidneys to afford one of these new models?

7. Lord-Marcus
    Slann

Yea that guy was low effort by gw

8. Killer Angel
    Slann

So true...

Kidneys are overvalued, anyway. :p

9. Cristhian MLR
    Troglodon

Cristhian MLR Well-Known Member

CONFIRMATION, IT'S A SAURUS:

upload_2022-12-29_0-13-46.png

What is NOT confirmed is what kind of Saurus is: the macahuitl and round shield makes it look like a Warrior, but it could as well be a new Old Blood on foot.

Either way, The Great Plan favours us next 2023 Spring (north hemisphere, otherwise it'd be a long wait down under).

10. Lord Agragax of Lunaxoatl
    Slann

Lord Agragax of Lunaxoatl Eleventh Spawning

To me it looks like a new Saurus Warriors kit, given how everyone except me has been complaining about the current set, and the model shown has quite a small shield and few elements of Aztec jewellery or trappings, representing a low rank, and especially given that we already have three options for a plastic foot Oldblood - the one that can be built from the Carnosaur kit if a Troglodon is built, the great one from the Warhammer Fantasy days that's one of the few plastic character kits that's still decent value for money, and the one in the Underworlds Warband. However the foot Saurus could also be a Sunblood, though it carries a Macquahuitl and not Gor-Rok's Made of Ulamak.

I'm particularly interested in this other Lizardmen release:
    Screenshot_20221229-152937.png

It's definitely Lizardmen because of the pendant hanging from its tail and the ring around one leg. At first I thought it was a new Cold One sculpt, but then I noticed the feathery wattles or arm feathers on the bottom left - this to me looks like either a new dinosaur in the style of a Therizinosaur, or GW are revamping the Cold One aesthetic to be more like Therizinosaurs, which admittedly would look great and would be a nice move away from the generic-looking Dark Elf Velociraptors.

As for the other shadow teases, the first one is indecipherable, the one after the dinosaur looks like either yet another berserker with axe for Blades of Khorne or a melee-focussed infantry Ossiarch character (Ossiarch axes have curved hafts if Kainan is anything to go by), and the last one has to be a Slaanesh mortal with its graceful appearance and piercing through the hairpiece.

Poor old Kharadron were shoved to the back of the release queue this time round, though I hope they get something decent accompanying the book to make up for it.

Last edited: Dec 29, 2022
  11. Cristhian MLR
    Troglodon

Can't be a Therizinosaur, those guys are fat and have huge claws, directly the opposed end of what we're seeing here:

[​IMG]

That image to me looked like a steed of Slaanesh, then I noticed the rider has a long tail too, but is quite small because the rider is standing on it, not sitting, so maybe a new sking cavalry/hero.

Wanna point out the tip of the dinosaur tail too:

upload_2022-12-29_16-16-34.png

Maybe it's a Cold-One redux or a Jurassic Park Dilophosaur knock-off.

I also don't complain about the current Warriors; in fact, I really love them, they look like living codices (that how you call aztec glyphs).

ALSO, PLASTIC SLANN (noticed thanks to Crendor), no flying stem and there's a little skink in a blink and you miss it moment:

upload_2022-12-29_16-14-1.png

upload_2022-12-29_16-14-29.png

WE ARE ON THE EDGE OF A BREAKTHROUGH. I'M WILLING TO BET THERE WILL BE AN NEW SERAPHON ARMY BOX.

12. Lord-Marcus
    Slann

I'll buy it. I'm a sucker for the floating magic toads, and new Saurus will be a win.

Just A Skink likes this.
  13. Cristhian MLR
    Troglodon

Found this in Dakka-Dakka:

[​IMG]

Noxolotl, Just A Skink and Imrahil like this.
  14. Tk'ya'pyk
    Skar-Veteran

Tk'ya'pyk Well-Known Member

Interesting. I would have said "Idoneth zebrafish thing," given those weird sneak peek pics, but they could be a collar/tail for a new cold-one type

Noxolotl likes this.
  15. Killer Angel
    Slann

At this point, i'd say it's a very solid possibility.

Imrahil likes this.
  16. Erta Wanderer
    OldBlood

Erta Wanderer Well-Known Member

very exiting. at this point im willing to concede those rumors were not bait

Just A Skink likes this.
  17. Imrahil
    Slann

Imrahil Thirtheenth Spawning

Interesting news all over! :) :D

The question might still be when will it launch, any thoughts on that?

Grrr, !mrahil

18. Erta Wanderer
    OldBlood

Erta Wanderer Well-Known Member

considering the release path they showed us and when the teaser hit i would guess march

Imrahil likes this.
  19. Lord Agragax of Lunaxoatl
    Slann

Lord Agragax of Lunaxoatl Eleventh Spawning

I wouldn't say fat, just feathery :p. We can't fat-shame our dino brothers!

The claws still resemble those of the dinosaur in the shadow teaser I referred to. Perhaps GW are just pinching the claws from the Therizinosaur and combining them with features from other dinosaurs to make this new creature.

Maybe this is teasing a Horned One Cavalry plastic kit, a resurrection of Titchi-Huitchi's Raiders, as the body standing on the back of the dinosaur definitely looks more like a Skink than a Saurus. Skinks balance precariously on the backs of creatures (as seen with the Troglodon and Terradons/Ripperdactyls) while Saurus beat them into submission and fasten saddles and reins onto them, and this is an example of the former.

Good spot, I really wasn't sure what that first teaser was before because the shadow took up the entirety of the picture.

A plastic Slann will certainly be welcome, I just hope GW give it different arm options so you can pose it as though it's actually doing something rather than just sitting there staring into space as the current model is.

Just A Skink likes this.
  20. Killer Angel
    Slann

I must say i really like the current, classic pose.
    He doesn't even need gestures... pure unadulterated sheer mind power.