1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

GW News: Battleshock GONE! and more! AoS 4

Discussion in 'General Hobby/Tabletop Chat' started by Cristhian MLR, Jan 23, 2016.

1. Lord-Marcus
    Slann

Lord-Marcus Sixth Spawning

THey've been leaning more towards the pain and torture angle rather than the allure/BDSM/sex angle, and its not my cup of tea either.

NIGHTBRINGER likes this.
  2. Cristhian MLR
    Terradon

Cristhian MLR Well-Known Member

Last 27th of the month, there were announcements for new videogames at Gamescom, and here you can see more details. I wanted to share the whole announcements before posting here.

Tk'ya'pyk and Canas like this.
  3. Canas
    Slann

Canas Ninth Spawning

o that underhive game is still going, surprised it hasn't been cancelled yet given how long it seems to have been in development.

Tk'ya'pyk likes this.
  4. Lord-Marcus
    Slann

eh, mordheim did the same thing. makes sense after awhile.

5. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

NIGHTBRINGER Second Spawning

In my opinion, Slaanesh models should have a seductive element to them. I think the new Dark Elves / Daughters of Khaine models are more Slaaneshi than the actual Slaanesh models.

Killer Angel and Lord-Marcus like this.
  6. Killer Angel
    Slann

Killer Angel Prophet of the Stars Staff Member

So much this. Slaanesh models are more ugly then sexy, which kinda undermines the whole concept.

7. Canas
    Slann

Canas Ninth Spawning

They don't necesarly need to be seductive, but at least there should be some elegance and some kind of draw to them. They're horrible monsters of excess, but there still needs to be something in there to draw you in to actually committing those horrible excesses with smaller steps. You don't go from drinking a bit of wine to making a harp out of another guy. Imho the only models that have that pulling power are the keeper of secret and the contorted epitome. The keeper looks elegant and regal, almost a bit angelic. Until you look closer and see he has hooves for feet, claws for hands and spikey lobster things for wings.
    The epitome draws in your gaze to a magical mirror, with the two demons dancing around it, but also clearly being inviting for you to come look. It embodies the "horrible fascination part" quite well.
    They're also the only models to wear elegant clothes, hiding some of the horror. As opposed to the chains and piercings the others are covered with.
    And they're about the only models that aren't snarling at you.

The DoK don't really look slaanesh-y to me though, with the exception of morathi. They're all far too aggresive and nearly all wear mask with snarling faces on them. They're also all jumping out at you to stab you in the face. There's little elegance in their poses.

8. Cristhian MLR
    Terradon

That'd make for amazing customized Daemonettes.

...if they weren't stupid expensive...

And, Light Elves next week (and Lion'el Johnson in Forge World).

NIGHTBRINGER and Imrahil like this.
  9. Lord-Marcus
    Slann

what in the cinnamon toast fuck are those dice?

also that shot at nagash was nasty

10. Kilvakar
    Carnasaur

Kilvakar Well-Known Member

They look like they're supposed to simulate fortunetelling bones or something, lol!

And yeah, sick burn on Nagash. Too bad Lord Kroak is better than either of them! ;D

Am I the only one who thinks Teclis is actually butt-ugly?

Imrahil likes this.
  11. Cristhian MLR
    Terradon

Hammer Elf Dice. :clown:

Imrahil likes this.
  12. Canas
    Slann

Canas Ninth Spawning

the dice are the most interesting part about that army...

Seraphandy likes this.
  13. Lord Agragax of Lunaxoatl
    Slann

Lord Agragax of Lunaxoatl Eleventh Spawning

Just wanted to have a rant about the crazy prices of the new Lumineth miniatures. Teclis I was expecting to be around £100 as he and his Sphinx thing are another of the mega character models, but £36.50 for 10 Spearmen and Archers? Utterly ridiculous. I could understand pricing Vulkite Berzerkers and Mortek Guard at around that price, because the former are very good 32mm-base Infantry and the latter are decent and come with 20 models in the set, but £36 for 10 Elves on 25mm bases is lunacy. GW vanilla seem to be trying to steal the Quark Award for Ridiculously High Prices from Forge World.

Oh, and Lumineth are feeling rather bullish about their next lot of new releases, and GW have said that this is the final lot of releases they’re getting. Judging by the fact there’s going to be another 40K preview next week I wouldn’t be at all surprised if there will be yet more 40K in the coming weeks.

Canas likes this.
  14. Canas
    Slann

Canas Ninth Spawning

In fairness, pricing has never made any remote sort of sense across factions. So not like this is weird in any way.

Also, they're just as expensive as saurus guard. Which also come in a box of 10, so seems normal enough.

Aside from that, our plastic crack is stupidly expensive. I really wish they'd lower it a bit or at least put in some loyalty program. It's always dissapointing when you see how little 50,- or even a 100,- tends to get you...

15. Lord Agragax of Lunaxoatl
    Slann

Temple Guard come in a box of 15 now as far as I know. They used to come in a box of 10 for £25 in the Fantasy era, but when they repackaged them for AoS they added an extra sprue of them for an extra £10. Still a better deal than the new Elves though.

16. Canas
    Slann

Canas Ninth Spawning

ah right, thought they were 10 for some reason.

17. Imrahil
    Slann

Imrahil Thirtheenth Spawning

This was in the WFB box ;)

Grrr, Imrahil

18. Cristhian MLR
    Terradon

By the Old Ones, that's one of a hell frail miniature:

Tbh, I really, really liket that colour scheme, but the pole is so breakable that my crouch feels tense...

Killer Angel and Imrahil like this.
  19. Killer Angel
    Slann

Killer Angel Prophet of the Stars Staff Member

Many of the miniatures for new models are beautiful but really frail, with heroes that floats tnx to a tiny piece of plastic, or huge models with many breakable parts (mortis engine?). More good for a showcase, rather than actual play.

but it must be said that also some of the old ones were easily breakable (TK skeletons, i'm looking at you...)

20. Lord Agragax of Lunaxoatl
    Slann

Even more new stuff coming for Necrons! First we have the Ophydian Destroyers, a combo of the Skorpekh Destroyers and the original 3rd Edition Wraith Designs:
    810B0C09-7675-4342-929C-431C3823AEA0.png

A new plastic set of Flayed Ones is on its way too:
    AC092E43-F92E-44BC-8036-D3FB380121A1.png

And two more different Cryptek variants are coming - the Psychomancer (known as the Harbinger of Despair in the 5th Edition book):
    [​IMG]
    And the Chronomancer (A.K.A the Harbinger of Eternity):
    [​IMG]
    As you all know I’m so pleased GW are bringing back the different varieties of Cryptek again, because I love the idea of the Necrons choosing different disciplines of applied science in the way other races choose different disciplines of magic... oh sorry, Psychic Powers, and it was a real hit to the thematicness receptors when they got rid of that in 7th Edition.

All these new releases have certainly got me interested in the 9th Edition, and GW have said there is even more on the way - including one other version of Cryptek (so far they’ve only showcased three out of the four), so I’m looking forward to seeing what else they bestow upon us.

Any thoughts fellow Necron player @Killer Angel?