1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AoS HAVE WE BEEN BUTTONHOOKED!!!

Discussion in 'Seraphon Discussion' started by Wazz, Apr 12, 2016.

1. Wazz
    Troglodon

Wazz Well-Known Member

I belive we were renamed after the Dark elves with kings dragon! Lol.

Attached Files:

2. Raptor_00
    Skink

Raptor_00 Member

Probably more seraphim based on our lore.

ser·aph
    ˈserəf/
    noun
    plural noun: seraphim
    1. an angelic being, regarded in traditional Christian angelology as belonging to the highest order of the ninefold celestial hierarchy, associated with light, ardor, and purity.

Wazz likes this.
  3. Wazz
    Troglodon

Wazz Well-Known Member

But his dragons name is spelled the same! Lol I do agree with you though. I was just looking at their warscrolls and was like wait a tic!

4. pendrake
    Skink Priest

pendrake Well-Known Member

This is why I refuse to get invested in 'official' fluff. Clearly, the people who write it don't read it or cross check it.

Wazz likes this.
  5. Freddy25
    Kroxigor

Freddy25 Well-Known Member

It is quite awkward, sure, but if I'm not wrong now GW has solved this problem by changing the fluff regarding Malekit: the End of The World That Was (wow, that sounds intimidating XD) should have changed him into a monstrous being called Malerion... Who is, of course, some sort of mix of Malekit and Seraphon (the dragon :p).

Wazz likes this.
  6. YZK
    Saurus

YZK Member

I reckoned this was purely done from copyright reasons; they had probably already trademarked Seraphon as a 'scaly being', something like that.
    Then when they went into their sigmarification process, they decided to reuse the trademark they had already obtained.

I've kind of given up on linking the World That Was with the world of Sigmar - everything is new now. Which pains my heart, as I really liked the old lore, having played several role play games in it as well.

Wazz likes this.
  7. Wazz
    Troglodon

Wazz Well-Known Member

Thanks for the info everyone! I came into warhammer like 3 weeks before the whole sigmarifcation so I'm semi lost on where everything was prior to the world blowing up! I read the lore in the old Lizardmen army book but thats all I got lol.

8. Freddy25
    Kroxigor

Well, this Sigmarification has its PROs and CONs: I believe that, despite its beauty, the Old World needed a deep clean up (don't know if it is the right term), and even if I know just a little of this Age of Sigmar universe I quite like it!
    On the contrary, I hate for example the new naming direction... particularly the names reserved to Khorne's units!

Slanputin likes this.
  9. YZK
    Saurus

YZK Member

Well, I generally dislike Khorne - they're too straightforward/dumb strength for me. I'm more of a conspirator; brewing and scheming before I stab you in the back. I think the Khorne names fit the units they represent though.

10. Freddy25
    Kroxigor

Yeah, ok, but I don't think it is a good idea to put a "blood/gore/slaughter" prefix before every word possible or to make everything as menacing as possible, even when it is not necessary...

I mean, if GW had released a Khorne model with a nice guy simply armed with a wet pink towel or a toothbrush they would have found a way to make a warscroll similar to this:

"The Gorebather"
    [​IMG]
    The Gorebather is a terrible creature visible only in some dark and grimy places inside a Chaos Dreadhold called Blood Bathrooms.
    He comes into battle equipped with the Bloody Slaughterer of The Dirt, a frightening soft weapon able to hypnotize the enemy with its mysterious colour, once completely white and now entirely changed by the infinite wounds inflicted to its endless victims.
    Some Gorebathers prefer another weapon, the Teeth Wrecker, a terrible instrument which they use to torture the opponents multiple times by inserting it in their mouths and leaving them breathless.

:joyful:

(I'm joking, but it's just to say that it's ok to make the servants of Khorne a bit obsessed with blood and violence, but too much turns out ridicule... like when brass knuckles and axes change into Goreaxes and Gorefists, copyright or not... :facepalm:)

- Personal opinion -

Last edited: Apr 13, 2016
  11. Tlac'Natai the Observer
    Cold One

Tlac'Natai the Observer Active Member

Freddy! that is spot on how GW would have made the warscroll; everything is the PINNACLE of badass without any admittance of being subpar, even if you're the lowest of the low in an army hahahaha, this gave me a good laugh!

Wazz, tom ndege, Bowser and 1 other person like this.
  12. Slanputin
    Carnasaur

Slanputin Well-Known Member

Yes and yes.

The Mortal Realms needs a lot more love in order to be fleshed out, but I'm hopeful considering a) they've not yet covered/only just started the task of covering and updating all the factions, and b) the Old World had about 30 years of development behind it which had snowballed into rich lore, albeit lore with a rather entangled history of retcons and contradictions. Give it time. Apparently the AoS lore is already developing into something nice, at least for the Sigmarines anyway. It's just a shame that they didn't invest as much as they could have in the lore-writing at the beginning - especially for the AoS big book. That felt subpar.

One symptom of Sigmarification that I do cringe at is how everything has become BIG and AWESOME and POWERFUL where celestial star-lizards of celestite starlight help the stormcast's thunderous hammerhead tempest of lightning hammerers against the blood-god's wrathslaughters of the gorerealms, and how all everyone's enemies trembles before everyone's might. I imagine it gets very confusing about who you're supposed to fear when everything is described as some variant on uber-ness. This also transcribes over to the miniatures and how ridiculously bulky they seem to have gotten. Not that I hate all of the miniatures, but some of the uber-armour of the Stormcast and the muscles on the Khornates just go too far and make it self-parody. It gives me fatigue with the setting and the miniatures, which is a shame.

Rant over I actually enjoy playing the game I and don't despite it as a whole. Any excuse to froth ;)

Also I have no idea what button-hooked is but it sounds unpleasant.

Wazz, Bowser and Freddy25 like this.
  13. Freddy25
    Kroxigor

Ahaha, you are right!!! Now even a Clan Rat can aim to feel like a super scary bringer of death and terror! XD
    This is exactly what I refer to!
    I still love the miniatures released by GW (except for the Stardrakes, the Dracoths and the bloody beards of the bloody Blood Warriors), but I'm with you about all the rest!
    I hope future models (i.e. Orruks and Aelfs) will be a bit less bulky and hopefully a little more charismatic.

Wazz and Bowser like this.
  14. Wazz
    Troglodon

Wazz Well-Known Member

@Slanputin buttonhooked means fooled or swindled. I do agree with you guys about everything being bigger and better in AoS I can only imagine how big Ogre units will be if they make new models for them! Sorry for the late reply I've been doing boat work and leave my phone on shore.

15. pendrake
    Skink Priest

pendrake Well-Known Member

...I also had to look up 'buttonhooked'.

Wazz likes this.
  16. Wazz
    Troglodon

Wazz Well-Known Member

Lol sorry everyone. It comes from American football and some comedian used it and it stuck. Use it on your friends! Shock and awe!

17. dwarfepic
    Chameleon Skink

dwarfepic Active Member

GW already use seraphim in the 40k sisters of battle, but may have twisted the words around a bit to get seraphon.

Wazz likes this.