1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AoS Heavy Endless Spells Tactics

Discussion in 'Seraphon Tactics' started by Joshua Horchler, May 20, 2019.

1. Joshua Horchler
    Troglodon

Joshua Horchler Well-Known Member

Hi Lustria,

I'm getting back to the Tabletop and I haven't played against some of the newer armies. I've been struggling to come up with more ways for Seraphon to actually kill things and I'm working on expanding my endless spells so I can run something similar to the below.

I'm looking for some help from the community. What spells defense do some of the top armies currently use and are common when facing? I thought this could be a useful thread for others as well.

-Skaven
    -Sisters
    -FEC
    -Slaneesh

Slann Starmaster (260)
    Saurus Astrolith Bearer (160)
    Skink Starpriest (80)
    Knight-Incantor (140)

10 x Skinks (60)
    10 x Skinks (60)
    10 x Skinks (60)
    10 x Skinks (60)
    6 x Ripperdactyl Riders (280)
    4 x Razordons (160)
    4 x Razordons (160)
    3 x Razordons (120) (or beef up 2 Shadowstrike Skink units to 20)

BATTALIONS
    Shadowstrike Starhost (180)

ENDLESS SPELLS
    Everblaze Comet (100)
    Geminids of Uhl-Gysh (40)
    Aethervoid Pendulum (40)

TOTAL: 2000/2000

2. LizardWizard
    OldBlood

LizardWizard Grand Skink Handler Staff Member

This list looks very solid. It might be worth considering a board control spell such as Prismatic Palisade or Soul Snare Shackles in place of Pendulum.

Skaven and Slaanesh are both pretty durable against spells.

Skaven can pass wounds from their heroes onto their nearby units if they take Verminous Valor. They also have artifacts and warscroll abilities that can allow their heroes to ignore mortal wounds on a 5+. Thinning their horde units will be easier with your Razordons than via endless spells.

Slaanesh has strong unbinding and spell denial via Infernal Enraptures and the Contorted Epitome. You also want to avoid splash damage to Slaanesh heroes. Chipping away at their heroes lets them get the most out of Depravity. Also avoid feeding your Razordons & Rippers to Slaanesh heroes. Each one they kill nets them 2 deprav points. I played my 16 Razordons list vs a Hedonite army this past weekend and only won because I was barely able to out pace my opponent in summoning. If they hadn't let me go first I would have lost.

FEC are hurt more by movement impairment then they are by direct damage spells. Between your Razordons and Shadowstrike Rippers you have the potential ability to kill off FeC summoning heroes before they get to summon if you have first turn. This will do more than the endless spells.

DoK have their allegiance save which can dampen the effectiveness of spells. Ignore Morathi and just kill their soft targets. If you put your Razordons and Rippers into Witchaevles they will crumble off the table. Additional note on Morathi, if you can damage her with a Predatory Endless Spell she can take up to 9 damage per round instead of 6 as the damage happens outside of a turn.

Joshua Horchler likes this.