1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AoS Hel me finish 2000 points Koatl's Claw for random encounters.

Discussion in 'Seraphon Army Lists' started by NecridHydra, Feb 14, 2021.

1. NecridHydra
    Temple Guard

NecridHydra Well-Known Member

Hello there!

So, I'm on a Discord server to play AoS in TTS and I'm having a game or two per week. I'm having lots of fun and I'm learning a lot but in the end I'm using the same list over and over again with Kroaq on FoS. I like playing with Starborne armies but Coalesced are more in my playstile, although I miss the teleport from LoSaT.

The idea of this list is to pick objetives and hold them with my Saurus Warriors units and kill with my Carnosaur and Saurus Knights since they have more mobility, buff the Knights with Starpriest spell and ability and debuff with Starseer. A full buffed unit of 5 Knights will deal 28.3 wounds against 4+ saves.

I have 380pts left to spend. I was thinking into getting a Slann+Guard for CP and Comet Call or two units of 10 Chameleon to snipe heroes.

Another option for this list is to swap the Carnosaur for a Cold One and the Sunblood for a Oldblood on Carnosaur for the same point values.

Allegiance: Seraphon

- Constellation: Koatl's Claw

Leaders
    Saurus Scar-Veteran on Carnosaur
    (210)
    - General
    - War Spear
    - Command Trait: Dominant Predator
    - Artefact: Eviscerating Blade

Saurus Sunblood (130)
    - Artefact: Blade of Realities

Skink Starpriest (120)
    - Spell: Hand of Glory

Skink Starseer (140)
    - Spell: Bind Endless Spell

Battleline
    40 x Saurus Warriors
    (320)
    - Spears

20 x Saurus Warriors (180)
    - Clubs

20 x Saurus Warriors (180)
    - Clubs

10 x Saurus Knights (200)
    - Lances

Battalions
    Sunclaw Temple-host
    (140)

Total: 1620 / 2000
    Extra Command Points: 1
    Allies: 0 / 400
    Wounds: 128

Last edited: Feb 14, 2021
    Dreamkeeper and LizardWizard like this.
  2. Killer Angel
    Slann

Killer Angel Prophet of the Stars Staff Member

1) You could pick a basic Slann for 260 pts, keeping him near the blob of saurus. Not as good as guards but hey, you'll still have Look out Sir.
    2) Then a basic unit of 5 chama skinks for 90 pts... you're not going to snipe anything, but your opponent won't be able to leave unguarded rear objectives.
    3) with the 30 remaining points, pick a prismatic palisade to block line of sight and barricate a passage to further hamper the enemy's move. (alternatively, playing against chaos, a "quicksilver swords" in the unbound version)

NecridHydra likes this.