1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hello Everyone!

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by EnduringFrost, Mar 8, 2022.

1. EnduringFrost
    Jungle Swarm

EnduringFrost New Member

I have been part of Lustria Online since 2016, but honestly just recently posted my first thing ever. I lurked super hard and just enjoyed going through pictures of armies to get an idea for my own forces. I originally started picking up Lizardmen back with the start collecting box for Fantasy and was able to acquire quite a bit from then, but as there was no one really to play with around me it was a hobby that got shelved.

Recently, I moved and have been checking out AoS. I haven't actually started playing yet, but I am super excited to get back into things. I had painted a small chunk of an army prior, but coming back to the hobby fresh led me to completely strip what I had painted and try to start from scratch. I have picked up two start collecting boxes of each type for Serpahon and already have a few stegadons, but honestly the Saurus have always been my favorite, especially the temple guard.

Anyway, I just wanted to introduce myself, I go by EnduringFrost and have for forever pretty much. Probably high time I start getting more involved with the community and poking around rather than watching from the sidelines with my models collecting dust somewhere. Also, gonna use this as a cheeky moment to ask about this color scheme I think I settled on. Might change some small things here or there, but I wanted your guys' opinion on it and how well you think it will translate to characters and skinks? The dinos are just going to get painted however, so they won't necessarily match in that regard. (Also, the saurus picture I just found online, made black and white, and then messed with coloring it on photoshop till I had something I was happy with).

Seraphon Saurus-Skink Color Scheme.jpg

Last edited: Mar 8, 2022
  2. Imrahil
    Slann

Imrahil Thirtheenth Spawning

Welcome along!

Good to have you on the active side now ;)

That us a briliant colorscheme!!:) a bit daring with the lot of scales singled out. But if you pull it of it will look gorgeous.

Be sure to start a paintingblog for progress

Do you have an active AoS player base near your new home?

Good luck and have fun.

Grrr, Imrahil

Noxolotl and Bowser like this.
  3. EnduringFrost
    Jungle Swarm

EnduringFrost New Member

Thanks mate! Definitely will stay active. It was quite funny to see that I am still a new member after several years, but probably due to the lack of interaction! Something to remedy for sure.

Thanks for the feedback on the color scheme! I'll certainly start up a painting blog for it. That should help me stay motivated and hopefully inspire others too.

I am near Chicago, so lots of AoS to be found here. Interestingly, there is more than even 40k which I never though would happen.

Thanks, will definitely do so!

4. Lizards of Renown
    Slann

Lizards of Renown Herald of Creation

Welcome to Jurassic Park!

Great to have lurkers go active ;) we always appreciate more contribution to the forum!

I think your Saurus looks great (awesome work on the spear tip). Keep up the work! A year start your own blog? I’ve found it helps to inspire more painting and there are lots of people who hang around all the sections of the forum who are super helpful.

Enjoy!

Noxolotl, Imrahil and Bowser like this.
  5. EnduringFrost
    Jungle Swarm

EnduringFrost New Member

Thanks! Makes me feel confident in the color scheme for sure. And while I am going to try and make the spears look like that, this is just a photo I found online which I colorized first.

The painting blog I guess I meant more in the sense of having a dedicated paint log on here. :p

6. Killer Angel
    Slann

Killer Angel Prophet of the Stars Staff Member

I cannot even say "welcome back", but... welcome nonetheless! :)

Bowser and Imrahil like this.
  7. Vedras
    Chameleon Skink

Vedras Well-Known Member

Hello and welcome

Bowser likes this.