1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hello - new to AoS

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Count, Aug 18, 2022.

1. Count
    Skink

Count New Member

Hi all

I hope this finds you all well.

I've collected lizardmen since 1997, not played AoS before. I have been playing 40k for about a year but have been painting and collecting a long time before playing. (Tyranids, Deathwatch, Emperor's Children, Catachan)

I have an old seraphon army with a couple of newer models and I have felt a strong urge to start giving AoS a go and playing my seraphon again; because The Old Ones told me to.

I will no doubt be popping up in the threads a fair bit with questions so thanks ahead of time for your patience.

2. Imrahil
    Slann

Imrahil Thirtheenth Spawning

Welcome along!!

Ask away, there is always someone who knows the answer ;)

Do you have an active AoS scene around where you live?
    Have fun hobbying.

If you'd like to share any of your models with us be sure to start a painting blog ;)

Grrr, Imrahil

Count likes this.
  3. Lizards of Renown
    Slann

Lizards of Renown Herald of Creation

Welcome to Jurassic Park!

Enjoy the forum!

Hopefully we can attract you to the Warhammer Fantasy section and you can join in some discussions there!

LoR

Count and Imrahil like this.
  4. Count
    Skink

Count New Member

Thank you guys.
    Yes I'm fortunate to have a good gaming club very close by and it's not a shop so I don't have to buy anything lol.
    I am currently playing my tyranids in a 40k crusade every other week and about to start AoS crusade version very soon.
    Can you use round bases in warhammer fantasy now? Or do you need to get movement trays that make a unit have a rectangle footprint?

Imrahil likes this.
  5. Killer Angel
    Slann

Killer Angel Prophet of the Stars Staff Member

Welcome to Lustria. For any question you may have, just ask.

On a related note, interesting 40k tastes... feel free to take a look at this thread. ;)

Imrahil likes this.
  6. Lord Agragax of Lunaxoatl
    Slann

Lord Agragax of Lunaxoatl Eleventh Spawning

You'll likely know by now that AoS uses round bases, but if you have based your models on rounds and also want to get back into Warhammer Fantasy, you'll need to look into using movement trays to give your units a front, flank and rear arc and their correct size. Of course, GW raising the sizes of AoS bases to often be one step above the previous Fantasy bases for those units that transitioned is not helpful, because even on a round base movement tray the models will end up having a size that is too wide for the equivalent unit in Fantasy (e.g. units on 20x20mm squares would need to be at least 100mm in width, five 20mm squares wide, but their AoS counterparts on 25mm rounds would be at least 125mm wide, if not more). I would still say search for movement trays like this one:

[​IMG]

With sizes that accommodate at least 5 models, as 7th and 8th Edition Fantasy both require ranks of at least 5 models, but try and find trays that minimise the space between each model to get as close as possible to the correct unit size.