1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AoS Help against Ogors

Discussion in 'Seraphon Tactics' started by Steve, Feb 16, 2020.

1. Steve
    Skink

Steve Member

Hello all. I need help. My friend uses ogors and so far I have been completely outclassed by his ogors. It seems my lizards dont do enough damage output to deal with them. Any body got any suggestions (AOS).

Thanks

2. Erta Wanderer
    OldBlood

Erta Wanderer Well-Known Member

min sised units so he waists damage on overkills and chaff up

Lizerd, kalimsshar and LizardWizard like this.
  3. LizardWizard
    OldBlood

LizardWizard Grand Skink Handler Staff Member

Razordons, Terradons, and Riperdactyls are all good at dealing with 5+ save gluttons and Leadbelchers. Use Skinks to screen his charges and soak his MW output. Focus on objectives and board control. Ogors have no access to fly (minus a few artefacts), so make sure to gain ground early.

Lizerd and Erta Wanderer like this.
  4. Steve
    Skink

Steve Member

Thank you all. Ran 3 squads of 10 skinks. But when thier thunder tusk kills and engine of the god and basildon in one turn on the charge after the skinks got slaughtered. Army fell afterwards. I really hate ogors!

Lizerd and LizardWizard like this.
  5. Erta Wanderer
    OldBlood

Erta Wanderer Well-Known Member

don't hate ogres it's not there falt that we suck.

6. Alhaus
    Skink

Alhaus Member

I've found LOSAT is the best way to deal with them. Outmanouver them and only fight them when you have to. Teleport skinks behind him so if he charges you then hes drawn away from your other units or away from objectives. You'll be less likely to win if you're going for kills. I've found only way to deal with ogors is to not fight them lol

Lizerd, LizardWizard and Steve like this.
  7. Prince
    Skink

Prince Member

It's 2021 and I'm gonna play againts Ogors. They are from the SC boxes so only big beasts and smaller ones (don't remember their names yet lol). The problem with ogors is that the big monsters have a rather good save and extra FNP on 5+ as I remember? The other thing is, they also get +10 units when controling objectives. When properly buffed + allegiance traits the general can hit on 2+ with hooves and horns. Totally devastating... I'm playing tomorrow so I will try a new tactic, but from reading the above tips it's best to avoid them. But how can you avoid something that moves up to 14" per turn?

I've added my build, I also have extar 10 saurus warriors so hopefully the engine will summon them ASAP or at least at the right time.

Attached Files:

• liz.png
      liz.png
      File size:
      68.3 KB
      Views:
  8. LizardWizard
    OldBlood

Do you have any idea what his list will look like? That will change a lot how you play and what your primary targets should be.

Lizerd likes this.
  9. Prince
    Skink

Prince Member

2x Frostlord on stonehorn, one with a vulture
    4-8x Mournfang pack
    Aaaand that's it.

10. LizardWizard
    OldBlood

Offff, that is rough with what you have. Do you have bound Geminids? Giving -1 to hit and -1 attack to the Stonehorns would help you a lot.

Lizerd likes this.
  11. Prince
    Skink

Prince Member

Nah, dont own any endless spells yet. I was thinking about the malignants spells but knowing that the balewind vortex is not there, I'm not so much eager to buy it.

12. LizardWizard
    OldBlood

Your best bet is to either avoid the Stonelord or to overwhelm it with the majority of your army. Getting through his wounds, 3+ save, and 5+ save after save won't be easy without much rend though.

Lizerd likes this.
  13. Prince
    Skink

Prince Member

Thanks for the advice, I will try to lure it out further from his other troops and hopefully Kroak lands a few spells on him. I'll let you know how did it go!

Lizerd, ILKAIN and LizardWizard like this.
  14. Prince
    Skink

Prince Member

I'm back with my report. So I've lost:rolleyes: in shortage the game was messy due to our specific playstyle (we played 3v3). Although, I'll just focus on the ogors.

Damn are they strong, 13-14 wounds up to 15" movement im talking about the two frostlords on huskards. On one charge they killed Eltharion (my ally) before starting the combat phase... We managed to block them on our turn so they could not charge anymore, but still the frost aura depending which battle round it was dealt d3 mortal wounds, later the crunching artefact d6 mortal wounds...
    I've charged with my Engine (suicidal I know) but thanks to that I've managed to deal major damage, one of them went down to 4 wounds, I just hadn't, any extra support to finish it off. At the end of our round both of them were in their lowest brackets. Still the extra 5+ ignore was just too much. I had Kroak but his spells weren't the best this time. 3x celestial deliverance an only one dice was +2, can you imagine? We gave up after this, as there weren't much we could do at this point.

All in all, 1k ogors Vs 1k seraphon is just not enough balanced, his two biggest guys counted as my 20 and the mere force needed to take them down cost so much.

I'm thinking maybe to try next time a more spell approach. What do you fellow lizards think about this?

15. kalimsshar
    Skink

kalimsshar Member

Try to go Multiple Small Unit with a deployment in onion shape to absorb them. Concentrate on one with your fire power from magic, chameleon, salamander, or anything with the starpriest....Or try to stop them to just play objectives with MSU skinks and soulsnare shackles.

16. ILKAIN
    Skink Chief

ILKAIN Well-Known Member

How are ogres like onions? they have layers! lol the shrek moment was just too good to pass up

17. Tav
    Kroxigor

Tav Well-Known Member

ogres do surprisingly well against most seraphon builds i have found. iron guts and stone horns in particular.
    They have a good enough number of wounds in a lower number of models so you cant really hose down units and battleshock them, a lot of the time a double will end you.
    a layer or 2 of screens is important and you absolutely cannot let your heavy hitters die too soon

18. Jason839
    Salamander

Jason839 Well-Known Member

Winterbite is probably one of the scariest things they can do. -1 to hit and a big buff to the yehtees with fast frost sabers that will rip skink screens to shreds. Luckily not many people can spam yehtees and frost sabers.

I usually win by focusing down monsters first, then kiting the other slower big blocks of units with salamanders while summoning skinks on objectives.

19. Kilvakar
    Carnasaur

Kilvakar Well-Known Member

Late reply, but in 1k games big monsters like Stonehorns perform much better than in 2k games. As you pointed out, the opponent often doesn't have enough to throw at them to take them down in 1 turn. And you can't afford that many screens just to sacrifice to them in 1k games either.

I've never actually played against Ogors, but a lot of people have been saying that the Coalesced -1 damage reduction supposedly really wrecks their damage output. But I still think that playing them in a 2k game would be better, because at least you'd have the stopping power to focus down 1 Stonehorn per turn, hopefully.

Lizerd, Prince and LizardWizard like this.
  20. Tav
    Kroxigor

Tav Well-Known Member

Stonehorn build in particular the coalesced doesnt do as much as you would think, all it does really is negate the bonus damage on a charge they get and you still suffer the impact hit mortals

Lizerd, Putzfrau and LizardWizard like this.