8th Ed. Help concerning Howdah weapons

Discussion in 'Rules Help' started by Mutten90, Oct 12, 2010.

1. Mutten90
    Skink

Mutten90 New Member

If you move your Stegadon what sort of penalties occur? Is there still a -1 to hit for having moved? Or is there only a penalty if it is long ranged? help I'm confused and didn't know how to answer this when questioned so I just decided to say that there was a penalty for moving, am I wrong in this?

2. strewart
    OldBlood

strewart Well-Known Member

Yep you are correct, -1 to hit for moving. The howdah bolt thrower really isn't all that useful.

3. wolfmage
    Temple Guard

wolfmage New Member

Even though the stegadon is good the weapons themselves are pretty useless best to take somthing else if you don't want it for combat or EOTG. Skinks/Sallies easily beat the points cost and can do more damage with a similar effect.

4. DesertLIZARD
    Saurus

DesertLIZARD New Member

Heh, i vote they should change that -1 rule cause its different, your on top of a stegadon and your still being able to function. Instead of marching, you can move 6 and no -1 modifier.

5. vapor
    Razordon

vapor New Member

I like the ancient steg's 4d6+3 poison shots... and you can stand and shoot if you don't get the charge.

6. wolfmage
    Temple Guard

wolfmage New Member

I guess that 4d6+3 sounds good if you've never had one of those days.
    I had one at a double tournament. We threw 6 1's in a row then out of 10 shots with my skinks 5 were 1's and no 6's you can imagine the cursing and laughter going on as we were playing a GT 2k list of HE.

7. vapor
    Razordon

vapor New Member

Oh, I've had those days; but I've also had days where I couldn't make a successful to-wound roll with my scar vet, couldn't hit with my Saurus, couldn't pass a break test in four straight games, couldn't... well you get the idea.

I've been running an Ancient Steg since the beginning of 8th, and for every time he's let me down there are three times he's more than made his points back.