1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

9th Age Help Identifying

Discussion in 'Lizardmen & Saurian Ancients Discussion' started by Totem Garr, Mar 28, 2022.

1. Totem Garr
    Skink

Totem Garr Member

Can anyone enlighten me as to the identification and profile for for this model?

C8EFD973-9539-4FB7-A6A7-F1E31CF3EC26.jpeg

Many Thanks

Lizards of Renown and Bowser like this.
  2. Lizards of Renown
    Slann

Lizards of Renown Herald of Creation

Hello matey. Welcome to Lustria Online!

I don't recognize this one at all, are you sure it is Games Workshop or Forgeworld? There are a lot of 3D printed models out there.

If it's a GW or FW model, it must be a Ripperdon which you can find in the Lizardmen 8th Edition Rulebook.

Imrahil likes this.
  3. Totem Garr
    Skink

Totem Garr Member

Thanks.

According to the person selling it, it is a Lizardmen kit from Forgeworld.

Bowser and Lizards of Renown like this.
  4. Lizards of Renown
    Slann

Lizards of Renown Herald of Creation

Hmmmm.....

@NIGHTBRINGER @Scalenex

Any input on this? I've not seen this but I'm not super-familiar with FW models. I think someone is trying to pass off a fake...

Imrahil and Bowser like this.
  5. Erta Wanderer
    OldBlood

Erta Wanderer Well-Known Member

it's not a forge world model. lizardmen only have one and thats the dread.

6. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

NIGHTBRINGER Second Spawning

I've never seen that model. At a glance, it doesn't "look" like a Forge World model to me.

Lizards of Renown and Bowser like this.
  7. Totem Garr
    Skink

Totem Garr Member

Thanks for the feed back so far the eBay listing title is -
    “warhammer sigmar forgeworld giant pterodactyl dinosaur lizardmen seraphon resin”

which seems odd to me as though the seller is simply throwing words together which is why I thought I would ask before making any decisions.

8. Erta Wanderer
    OldBlood

Erta Wanderer Well-Known Member

well lets see. word by word. "warhammer sigmar" it isn't. neither forge world or standard games workshop. sigmar has only gotten 6 new seraphon models and this isn't one of them and as for GW we didn't get flyers until the end times when that game was dyeing. "forgeworld" it isn't we only have one forge world model, we have only EVER had the one. "giant" well if it's bigger then a standard one you can't even proxy it as there is only one teradon kit. "dinosaur" well it got that one right. "lizardmen seraphon"... ok which one is it? we haven't been called lizardmen in 8 years. "resin" so it's 3d printed since gamesworkshop doesn't use resin and as stated before it can't be forgeworld.

so if we take all the word salid out we get DINOSAUR RESIN

Imrahil, Lizards of Renown and Bowser like this.
  9. Lord Agragax of Lunaxoatl
    Slann

Lord Agragax of Lunaxoatl Eleventh Spawning

Never heard of a Ripperdon :confused:. It's definitely not in the official 8th Edition Army Book for the Lizardmen, and that model's way too big for a Ripperdactyl (and the wrong material, Ripperdactyls come in the same plastic kit as Terradons).

Have you been indulging yourself in Matthias Eliasson's creations again? It definitely sounds like the sort of name he would come up with for a unit, in that it sounds annoyingly similar to an existing official unit and isn't exactly imaginative even if it wasn't.

Bowser likes this.
  10. VikingRage
    Razordon

VikingRage Well-Known Member

Safe to say it isn't a GW or Forgeworld product.

To be honest, I think the seller is just title loading with as many keywords as possible hoping that it will pop up for someone searching for models with any of the words in the title. A lot of sellers do this because of how the algorithm for search engines and 3rd party seller sites work. The more words you have on the webpage that matches someones search, the more likely it will be on the first page of the search, after all of the sponsored webpages and products up for sale.

It is a cool model though.