7th Ed. Help, I've got a Giant problem

Discussion in 'Rules Help' started by puds, Feb 19, 2010.

1. puds
    Jungle Swarm

puds New Member

Ok, so I've been reading the greenskins army book because I'm due to play against an Orc army and he always fields at least one Giant. Now there's a myriad of options of attacks for the Giant, including "Eat" and "Squash" but I'm only interested in the ones I can survive. In my battles I often run an Oldblood on a Carnosaur.

Now if i remember rightly GW published an FAQ that detailed Giant attacks on ridden monsters. I think it said that if the Giant rolled "Jump Up and Down" "Pick Up and Throw Back Into Combat" or "Pick Up and Hurl" he could choose to pluck the rider off his monster and have his way with him.

Now normally this wouldnt be much of a problem, as monsters such as Hippogriffs and Wyverns might not kill a Giant in one round of combat but to my mind a Carnosaur has every chance of eating its oversized foe. Add to the fact that the Oldblood might survive due to a poor roll or a ward save and we have a problem

Therefore it is entirely possible to have at the end of combat one dismounted Oldblood, one unridden Carnosaur and one dead Giant, so my question has several parts.

1. Can the Oldblood mount up again if he is able to make base contact with the Carnosaur in a Movement Phase?

2. If not, does the Carnosaur have to roll on the Monster Reaction Table, even if his rider is'nt actually dead?

Any thoughts or comments would be greatly appreciated

Cheers

Puds

2. kroxigor01
    Ripperdactil

kroxigor01 Member

A Giant fighting any "big things" (Ogre sized models and larger) it rolls on a seperate chart with Yell and Bawl, Thump with Club and 'Eadbutt the only possibilities.

3. speedygeko
    Cold One

speedygeko New Member

when they say that he can pluck models from thier mounts i assume that the mount dies, and they are refering to cavalry not monsters

4. skinker
    Temple Guard

skinker New Member

Skink Skirmishers are a giant's worst enemy.

5. JohnMavrick
    Troglodon

JohnMavrick New Member

Kroxigor and speedygeko have it right. When fighting against a character with a monsterous mount the giant player must revert to his chart refering to fighting against large creatures.

Also, I find the uber-Oldblood on Carnisaur (14 combined attacks after frenzy kicks in) to be a great deterant to giants as well as skinks with blow pipes.

6. Bibamus
    Bastiladon

Bibamus New Member

just throw 20 skinks at him and he will probably die in 1 shooting phase, no need to worry about CC