AoS Help the Beginner please for buying

Discussion in 'Seraphon Discussion' started by Seikilos, Jul 11, 2024.

1. Seikilos
    Skink

Seikilos New Member

Hey guys,

I am still fresh and still didn’t play a single AoS game. I know, everything is still new and just a day old. But I am really not at all having a clue of where to go. Or better: where to start.

I really don’t want to go meta chasing in AoS, so I really want and should play with an overall good stuff list. Not a skew list in any kind, more like a Allrounder.
    So I want to come to a list, build and paint it and then learn playing from there without buying 5000 points now and playing grey plastic for the next year.

What I have already bought (and want and should be using):

1 Slann
    2x 5 Raptodons
    3 Kroxigors
    3 Kroxigor Warspawned
    2x 10 Saurus
    1 Oracle on Troglodon (though not built yet, so could still go for the Carno)
    2 Boxes of Hunters of Huanchi (could build both ways)
    2x3 Terrawings
    The Starblood stalkers

I COULD get the primordial starhost, but I don’t know if I even should get the route of more Kroxigors and another Slann. I could sell the Saurus, Kroxigors and the third set of HoH.

What I don’t like (from an optical standpoint);

Temple Guard
    Stegadons

I think I should pick one route to go. So I am pretty sure I wouldn’t go down the monsters route. But what would be the best additions to the things I have?

But I don’t know: going to Sunclaw Starhost? Then I probably should get more Kroxigors and Saurus?
    Just goodstuff like skink starseer and the astrolith bearer? The big Toad?
    Aggradons?

As I said: I don’t want to chase the meta. I don’t want to win tournaments. I would like to find a way to nicely play with my friends in a nice way. An Army that doesn’t need to win all the time. An army without feelbad-gotcha moments.
    Just an armies with nice gameplay, gameplan and nice synergies.

Can anyone help me? Is it way too early?
    Should I buy the primordial starhost or are there other/better essentials missing?

thank you for your kind help!

best wishes,
    Seikilos

2. Vosrik
    Chameleon Skink

Vosrik Well-Known Member

Aggradons are probably one of the best units we have in the game at the moment, so I highly recommend picking up a unit of 3. Having more than 1 slann isn't particularly viable right now, so you probably won't really benefit from the primordial Starhost unless you intend on painting up the second slann just to have or sell it.

Aggradons take our buffs super well and they can be pretty fast too with the right traits (+2 movement asterism, +2 movement heroic trait). Skink starseer is another great set as you can turn the extra skink into a free Starpriest if you have an extra 25mm base lying around.

Seikilos likes this.
  3. Seikilos
    Skink

Seikilos New Member

Thank you for your kind reply!

I made a list now and the only thing missing for it was actually 3 Aggradons. I bought them now and will start my first games as soon as I have everything built.