1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AoS Help wanted forming decent army

Discussion in 'Seraphon Army Lists' started by TheFuckingLizardKing, Aug 10, 2021.

Tags:
  1. TheFuckingLizardKing
    Jungle Swarm

TheFuckingLizardKing New Member

For a while i only used to paint minis but now i want to play with them. I have some seraphon units and im wondering how i can use them in a army list. I currently have

10 saurus knights
    20 saurus (basic soldier guys)
    1 bastilodon with the gem thing
    1 lord kroak
    1 starpriest
    1 carnosaur (mounted by the guy with the weird hand)
    3 pterodactyls
    30 skinks

What can i add to make this somewhat viable you dont have to add all the skinks or saurus but i am pretty attached to the other models

2. 2Hands
    Skink

2Hands Member

Hey, so if you can spend some money, something like this should still work:

Allegiance: Seraphon
    - Constellation: Thunder Lizard
    - Mortal Realm: Ghur
    - Grand Strategy:
    - Triumphs:

Leaders
    Lord Kroak (430)
    Skink Starpriest (130)
    Saurus Oldblood on Carnosaur (270)
    Engine of the Gods (265)

Battleline
    5 x Saurus Knights (110)
    - Lances
    5 x Saurus Knights (110)
    - Lances
    Stegadon (265)
    - Weapon: Skystreak Bow

Units
    3 x Terradon Riders (115)
    - Sunleech Bolas

Behemoths
    Bastiladon with Solar Engine (235)

Endless Spells & Invocations
    Purple Sun of Shyish (70)

Total: 2000 / 2000
    Reinforced Units: 0 / 4
    Allies: 0 / 400
    Wounds: 95
    Drops: 9

Not highly competitive so don't run into tournaments with the expectation of winning. Still for a freindly banther and play, there's something to fight with! Units you would need to add are: 1x Engine of the Gods, 1x Stegadon, 1x Purple Sun of Shyish.

3. NecridHydra
    Temple Guard

NecridHydra Well-Known Member

I'm not a fan of Knights outside KC, as they rely in 2 CA at minimum (the one from Scar-Vet an +1 to hit). Mathwise, Starvenom+Scar Vet CA= Starvenom+ +1 to hit CA, but in KC you appreciate the native +1 to Hit when charging. They're also fragile (2W 4+ Save) so a unit of 5 will die soon.

Oldblood, why him instead of a Scar-Vet, what does he gives that Scar-Vet doesn't?

Terradons always paired with a Chief, otherwise, you are wasting your rocks.

Kroak and no Guard? He looks more inmortal now but remember that a few wounds can kill him.

4. 2Hands
    Skink

2Hands Member

Well it is a List with the modells OP has posted, wich he want's to field because he painted them and likes them. It is more about learning the game and having fun while doing it, I would assume. He should be able to do that with what he got.

From a optimizing standpoint I agree with you on almost every point, execpt the Knights who are our best screen right now, wich also stands true for TL. Sure in KC they become even better and even can be somewhat of a hammer, but they're still good in TL. I also don't understand what Starvenom has to do with it, did you mean the Serpent Staff from the Starpriest or are you comparing Chamelion Skink's to Knight's?