AoS Help with list building

Discussion in 'Seraphon Army Lists' started by Tyraelswrath, Aug 22, 2020.

1. Tyraelswrath
    Jungle Swarm

Tyraelswrath New Member

Hello everyone this will be my first post on this forum.

I am new to Seraphon but not so new to Sigmar. But I seem to be having trouble building a list. Most games I will play will be pretty casual but I do play in big tournaments. So I'm really hoping to make a pretty competitive list. This is what I currently have. For obvious reason I'm having trouble getting my hands on a Balewind Vortex, but my hunt continues.

Saurus Oldblood On Carnosaur
    Bastiladon x2
    Engine Of The Gods
    Realmshaper Engine
    Lord Kroak
    Slann Starmaster
    Salamander Hunting Pack x6
    Saurus Astrolith Bearer
    Saurus Scar Veteran On Cold One
    Skink Starpriest
    Saurus Knights - Spears x5
    Saurus Knights - Blades x10
    Saurus Warriors - Spears x30
    Saurus Warriors - Blades - x35
    Skinks - Boltspitters x20
    Malign Sorcery Box

Any tips or advice would be appreciated.

What I am currently thinking is this

Starborne - Dracothion's Tail

Leaders
    Eotg - God best pendant
    Lord Kroak - Stellar Tempest
    Slann Starmaster - Ancient knowledge CT, Celestial Equilibrium, Stellar Tempest
    Saurus Astrolith Bearer

Battleline
    Saurus Warriors w/ clubs x20
    Saurus Warriors w/ Spears x10
    Saurus Knights w/ lances x5

Behemoths
    Bastiladon w/ solar engine
    Bastiladon w/ solar engine

Endless Spells
    Chronomantic Cogs
    Umbral Spellportal
    Bound Emerald Lifeswarm

Scenery
    Realmshaper Engine

Exactly 2k pts

LizardWizard and Erta Wanderer like this.
  2. Erta Wanderer
    OldBlood

Erta Wanderer Well-Known Member

ok so your leaning fairly heavy on the saurus side of the divide. this works saurus can be very powerful if you build for it but it does mean you wont be using most of the beheamoths as their buffs come from the skink side. that said you are missing some of the saurus support options.
    i would pick whether you want to run a skink or a saurus heavy list and stick to it. if you are going skinks you need 100 more of them they are cheep and work best in big blocks you would need to get at least one normal priest and another star priest to run them well. if you are running saurus you could definitely use a sunblood and a star priest also more warriors or knights depending and what side of that coin you like, warriors like to be in 30+man units. but looking at your list it looks like you want to run monster mash this is much harder but lets see what we can do.
    first pick either kroak or a slann the only reason to take both is the +1 to cast/unbind spell and that is not worth 260. next geminids it's by far our best endless spell i would replace life swarm with it. if you want to run bastiladons you need skink priests to buff them +1 to hit is mandatory for them to preform well. and i would replace the saurus with skink blobs as stated before all the support heroes for monster mash are skink support so they just pare better

LizardWizard and Tav like this.
  3. Tav
    Kroxigor

Tav Well-Known Member

What you have would run well as a koatls claw list. Extra jaw attacks on everything, +1 to hit rolls for saurus units that charge as well as other buffs.

Thunder lizard is also an option as you can make great use of the bastiladons.

LizardWizard likes this.