8th Ed. help!

Discussion in 'Rules Help' started by DanBot, Apr 24, 2012.

1. DanBot
    Ripperdactil

DanBot Member

I got three more questions for you guys.

1. Does popping a grub for +3 after rolling a 1 or a 2 save you from failling failling the cast?

2. With the enigine of the gods when it says 18inches from the engine do you messure from the base or do you messure from the engine? And if it's from the engine is it the same for casting spells from mounts of any kind? And for shooting bows from horseback? I always figured you messured base to base, but i saw a lizardmen player messuring the otherr way lasttt wednesday.

3. With the banner of Dominion does "you may use this at the begining of any enemy turn" mean any one turn or any and as many as you want to use it?

2. Qupakoco
    Skink Chief

Qupakoco Keeper of the Dice Staff Member

I don't have my book, so I can't comment on 1 and 3.

2. In the book where it talks about breath weapons, it says to place the template in the mouth of the creature. So I would think that this rule carries over to other effects as well, seeing how the "engine" is stated in the rules. However, within the group I play with we always measure everything from the bases of all models, even dragon and salamander breath. Less arguments that way.

3. Lord Tsunami
    Salamander

Lord Tsunami Member

4. DanBot
    Ripperdactil

DanBot Member

I dont have either of my books atm. So i just made up a random messurement. Thanks though guys. Super happy for the answer to number 3.