8th Ed. hope for TETTO'EKO?

Discussion in 'Rules Help' started by oxyquel, Feb 3, 2011.

1. oxyquel
    Skink

oxyquel New Member

hey guys.. i have a question which may be resolved already by a previous topic about it.

the question is ...tetto'eko casts with irresisteble force any of the spells from the lore of heavens on any dice roll that contains a double. does that require a miscast roll too after the spell is resolved?

reading the brb last night for once again i notice a paragraph on page 34.syas that.. ''note that some magic items and special rules talk of automatically trigering a miscast or irresistible force.this is the only occasion on which one can be had without the other. so for example a magic item..'' and i suppose a special rule too ''that caused a wizard to miscast automatically would force that wizard to roll on the miscast table, but the spell would not be cast with irresistible force. similarly an item..'' and i suppose a special rule too '' that automatically generates irresistible force would not require a roll on the miscast table.''

reading that i figure that no rolls are taken on the miscast table for tetto'eko. am i wrong?

am i missing something???

2. n810
    Slann

n810 First Spawning

I think the latest Lizardmen FAQ on Games Workshop covers this...

3. oxyquel
    Skink

oxyquel New Member

looooooool!! you are completly right!!! sorry guys!! :)

4. Arli
    Skink Priest

Arli Moderator Staff Member

Something else to consider is the ability to do that is a one time use ability. I have taken him in 8th edition twice and never gotten that to work. However, rerolling for the comet of cassandora is well worth his points.

5. n810
    Slann

n810 First Spawning