8th Ed. How does Charmed Shield work?

Discussion in 'Rules Help' started by Khaluk, Sep 22, 2013.

1. Khaluk
    Skink

Khaluk Member

So, if I was to put a charmed shield on my Scar Vet BSB, would the shield then fade after the magic use.. Or would it, after the "one use only" turn into a mundane shield? :)

2. Stonecutter
    Terradon

Stonecutter Member

It remains a shield and thus adds to the armour save after the one use only ward save. However, it remains a magical shield and thus cannot be used with a mundane hand weapon on foot to grant a parry save.

3. twistedmagpie
    Saurus

twistedmagpie Member

I didn't realise it was a ward save - Does that mean I take my normal armour save but if that fails I get to use the '2+ ward'? I'd always just used it for the first wound regarless. If what you say is try then the shield just got a whole lot better for 2.5ss.

4. Madrck
    Temple Guard

Madrck Member

It's not a ward save. It discounts the first hit. If something auto wounds you can't use the effect of the shield.

5. Qupakoco
    Skink Chief

Qupakoco Keeper of the Dice Staff Member

^^ Not so sure about that.

Say a Skink tosses a javelin at a hero with the Charmed Shield. If the Skink rolls a 6 To-Hit, that's still a hit. It just happens to automatically wound. The Charmed Shield would still be able to discount that hit.

Also remember that you cannot pick and chose when to use the Charmed Shield. It always activates on the first hit. A smart opponent would knock it off with something insignificant like a block of archers, then follow up with a Cannon shot for the kill. Assuming he knows you have the Charmed Shield that is.

6. twistedmagpie
    Saurus

twistedmagpie Member

Thats how I've used it