AoS How to Play a Sub-Optimal List

Discussion in 'Seraphon Army Lists' started by LochlanP, Oct 15, 2020.

1. LochlanP
    Jungle Swarm

LochlanP New Member

Hi! I'm just starting out in the hobby for the first time and bought some NOS Seraphon kits second-hand for some really good prices, but all up they don't quite fit together in an easily optimisable way as an army and I'm super new so I don't really know how to take advantage of what I've got. I was wondering if anyone could help recommend ways to play this list in a way that functions the best it could, or at least in a fun way? Or easy/cheap additions to turn it into something good/fun?

I have:
    - Hero (Old-Blood, Scar Veteran, Oracle) on Carnosaur/Troglodon (2 sets)
    - Start Collecting! Skinks
    - Saurus Knights (1 set - 8 models)
    - Skink Starpriest

LizardWizard and chefofwar like this.
  2. Tav
    Kroxigor

Tav Well-Known Member

well you have a decent start for a saurus knights based list. take a carnosaur starpriest and knights. then bring some support units like 3 terradons from the skinks box.

If you're not yet ready to go for a slann/kroak or just don't fancy it, id recommend getting another box of knights, then you have 15 to play with.
    I really enjoy the Koatls Claw subfaction, its a saurus based allegiance.

Coalesced: Koatls Claw

scar vet on carnosaur
    skink starpriest
    5 knights
    10 skinks
    3 terradons
    1 bastiladon

thats 800 points. if you get the other box of knights you can run 3 units of 5 or a 5 and a 10, they synergise really well with the skink starpriest.
    The bastiladon and 3 terradons don't really do much as they are but you can just throw them in to make up the points until you get more units.

LizardWizard, LochlanP and Ryanj4043 like this.
  3. LochlanP
    Jungle Swarm

LochlanP New Member

for my second carnosaur should I run another old-blood? a scar vet? or should i build a troglodon and oracle? i might try and kitbash a baby slann stand-in or a starseer from the start collecting box as well? maybe a scar-vet on cold one? is it worth running my second starpriest? sorry for all the questions at once but thank you so much for responding!

LizardWizard likes this.
  4. Tav
    Kroxigor

Tav Well-Known Member

Carnosaur or oracle really is up to you. The oracle works best in a list where you invest a lot into lord kroak but is probably one of the least useful things in the book.
    Running 2 carnosaurs is super fun, my favourite list has 2 carnosaurs and 20 knights.
    Kitbashing a scar vet on cold one is probably the best thing to do since you will have knights leftover, although theres not much use in him.

I think having 1 scar vet carno and 1 oldblood carno is good, they are only 20 points in difference, oldblood is a bit better in combat and scar vet Has a better command ability.

Having the scar vet as general in a koatls claw list is very good as it will let you recycle any command points spent by him on a 4+, he’salso makes great use of the faction artefact.

The starseer is great to have because of the save spell he has and the 3d6 charge for your carnosaurs and knights. The starpriest is excellent sp if you can fit 2 in and have one each buffing a unit of knights Then you’re golden

LizardWizard and chefofwar like this.