8th Ed. I have a question about skrox?

Discussion in 'Rules Help' started by CN45, Nov 15, 2012.

1. CN45
    Skink

CN45 New Member

I was looking over the FaQ for lizardmen and i run across a rule for Kroxigors Great Reach rule is to be Ignore. Then why should i take them in my List?

2. DanBot
    Ripperdactil

DanBot Member

The current Lizardmen book is written for 7th edition and in 7th edition supporting ranks got 0 attacks. And in 8th edition monstrous infantry get 3 attacks. So basically the great reach rule does nothing in 8th. It means nothing.

3. CN45
    Skink

CN45 New Member

Ah, so they would get to still attack with there 3 GW attacks?

4. DanBot
    Ripperdactil

DanBot Member

5. Arli
    Skink Priest

Arli Moderator Staff Member

And an even better thing about the removal of the great reach rule, the Kroxigors cannot be attacked until they are in base contact with the enemy! You have a skink meat shield to absorb those wounds. The bigger the block of skinks, the more damage it can absorb.

6. Stonecutter
    Terradon

Stonecutter Member

The other big advantage of skrox is that they cannot be stomped or dreaded 13th. This makes them very good at taking on big monsters that would otherwise kill a pile of saurus or TG. Best part is while the monster is killing a few skinks per round, it is taking 6-9 x S6 hits back. If the skrox are within 12" of the slaan, they can usually hold up a big nasty for an entire game and frequently kill it. They are terrible at taking on ranked infantry over the front but their speed makes them very good flankers.

7. CN45
    Skink

CN45 New Member

Now what about Ranks? Lets say i take 25 skinks and 2 Krox. so 25 skinks would give me 5 Ranks if i go 5 across. Now with the kroxs base size being 40mm and skinks are 20mm they would be like having 2 ranks. would that mean Id have 7 ranks?

8. Rhodium
    Kroxigor

Rhodium New Member

No, with only 2 Krox, that is only the width of 4 skinks so you would need two of your skinks to sit in the second and third ranks to complete the ranks , I.e

s = skink
    K = Krox

s s s s s
    s KK KK
    s KK KK
    s s s s s
    s s s s s
    s s s s s
    s s s

So because you need those 2 skinks next to the Krox, you only really have 23 skinks so that is 4 ranks of five and 3 left over. So the last rank is incomplete and doesn't count. Therefore in total you would have 6 ranks (4 with just skink and 2 with skinks and Krox) if you took 27 skinks and 2 Krox, went five wide you would have seven ranks

9. Eladimir
    Salamander

Eladimir New Member

My best success has been 6 wide, 3 Krox and 30 skinks.
    Enough ranks to last and enough attackes to rack up some wounds. Damn you WS 3