1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Blog iamtib paints!

Discussion in 'Personal Paint Logs' started by iamtib, Sep 7, 2021.

1. iamtib
    Skink

iamtib Active Member

Hey,

this is me, iamtib (tib being the diminutive of my overly long french name : thibault) and... I paint.

When this thread become too long, maybe I'll add some sort of index so that future internet users may one day find their way through it!

Please enjoy some Harlequins which is one my favourite 40K armies that I have painted. These guys obviously take a lifetime to paint but are so rewarding to look at in the cabinet.

[​IMG]

These flyers are my favourite thing about the army. They are very cool looking, and obviously play into the theme of the army which is hitting your enemy with lightning fast weaponry.

Naturally, they look at their best when you can paint diamond patterns on their hull... which takes a crapload of time and patience... especially when, like me, you don't have an airbrush. So freehand is the way! I trained myself a lot to execute them with a good standard. I won't go down into details but I had an intricate way to position them, mark points at the angles and then connect the dots. After a while I was confident enough to trace lines directly. I tried to make them slightly different for each unit to tell them apart.

[​IMG]

For another Starweaver (the transport option), I had fun and decided to make a standard bearer. Not particular rules, just wanted to make a different one! The banner itself is from the old High Elves Dragon Princes kit. Needless to say I ferociously questioned my life choices when I started painting all the diamonds on the banner.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The infantry is a joy to paint, if you have hours before you. Here are some pictures.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I even made a video to show everything.

I have a few other models to paint. I also would very much like to paint the Yncarne and give her an "Harlequin" feel to her/him/it. We'll see.

Cheers !
    iamtib

Noxolotl, Warden, bOdziO Wolf and 9 others like this.
  2. Lizards of Renown
    Slann

Lizards of Renown Herald of Creation

Wow…..

3. Tyranitar
    Terradon

Tyranitar Well-Known Member

Those are stunning! So eye catching, excellent contrast! I can't wait to see more

Noxolotl likes this.
  4. Imrahil
    Slann

Imrahil Thirtheenth Spawning

:jawdrop::jawdrop::jawdrop:

Marvelous, just marvelous! :artist::artist::artist::artist:

Grrr, Imrahil

5. Aginor
    Slann

Aginor Fifth Spawning Staff Member

I'd die.
    Stellar paint jobs!

Noxolotl likes this.
  6. iamtib
    Skink

iamtib Active Member

Thank you guys, I take great pride in this army and I'm glad it looks as good as I hoped :) I haven't played a lot with it yet because of Covid and most of it was painted during lockdown!

Noxolotl and Aginor like this.
  7. Warden
    Slann

Warden Tenth Spawning

Nice looking checkerboards! :D