1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AoS Icon-Bearer's & Wardrummers

Discussion in 'Seraphon Tactics' started by PartridgeKing, Dec 30, 2020.

1. PartridgeKing
    Skink

PartridgeKing Member

Apologies if this should be in another one of the subforums (but this seemed to be the best option)!

Every 1 in 5 Saurus Warriors can be an Icon-bearer, and every 1 in 5 warriors can be a Wardrummer, to me this reads as for ever 5 Saurus Warriors one of them can be an Iconbearer, and another one can be a Wardrummer leaving you with 3 'normal' warriors per 5.

My question is, why wouldn't we max these out? There seems to be nothing saying that icon-bearers or wardrummers have less attacks or are even technically armed differently from the rest of the unit and they give direct benefits for existing. Have I forgotten something from the core rules, or would it not be unreasonable to have 4 drummers and 4 icon-bearers in a unit of 20 Saurus? A front rank carrying a host of personal and unit icons alla assorted historical military parades just seems cool to put on the table.

Erta Wanderer and LizardWizard like this.
  2. LizardWizard
    OldBlood

LizardWizard Grand Skink Handler Staff Member

There is no reason not to bring as many drums and banners as allowed. Specially for the Banners since they are aura based.

3. PartridgeKing
    Skink

PartridgeKing Member

Fantastic! Thank you!

Now to see if I have enough standards lying around, and decide where they are going!

LizardWizard likes this.
  4. Killer Angel
    Slann

Killer Angel Prophet of the Stars Staff Member

Yeah, questions like this could go in the AoS "rules help" subforum, but this falls more in the "tactic", so it's good. (and even if not, it wouldn't be a problem anyway)

LizardWizard likes this.
  5. ILKAIN
    Skink Chief

ILKAIN Well-Known Member

another cool thing to consider, if you can model them appropriately, is there is no rule preventing the same model from being both a drummer and a banner bearer. I made my knights that way, I can dig up a pic I think from my insta.

LizardWizard likes this.
  6. ILKAIN
    Skink Chief

ILKAIN Well-Known Member

7. ILKAIN
    Skink Chief

ILKAIN Well-Known Member

my work network is acting up, we have to operate on IE, but that's no longer supported by... well almost everything, so if you have issues its also accessible by the link in my signature. you might have to follow me to see it but im reasonably fast on authorizing followers that are not clearly fake accounts lol

LizardWizard likes this.
  8. Canas
    Slann

Canas Ninth Spawning

well that just sounds silly...

LizardWizard and ILKAIN like this.
  9. ILKAIN
    Skink Chief

ILKAIN Well-Known Member

there is an actual tactical reason to do so... as you remove models you can keep both buffs longer. I grant its very minimal, but incremental advantage is incremental advantage lol

LizardWizard and Canas like this.
  10. Canas
    Slann

Canas Ninth Spawning

O I completly understand why you'd do it. I meant it's silly that it's game legal.

ILKAIN and Killer Angel like this.