1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I'm back

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by NightStalker Of Kathandol, Feb 10, 2022.

1. NightStalker Of Kathandol
    Skink

NightStalker Of Kathandol Member

Hello!
    This isn't actually the first time I'm posting here, but it's like if it was, so I'm here to introduce myself again. Altough I never posted, I've been following this forum for years; it's actually my 3rd favourite forum, I'd say.

I'm from Italy. I bought my first unit of Saurus Warriors back in 2006; a few days ago I bought the latest Lizardmen model, and I'm planning to buy more soon <3 .
    I'm a huge fan of Warhammer Fantasy, and back in 2015 I chosed to keep on collecting my army instead of keep on playing with Age of Sigmar, 9th age or other systems.
    I played and enjoyed Warhammer Underwolds until the latest expansion, but sadly I've been forced to stop playing it for personal reasons recently; this unluckily didn't allow me to play the Lizardmen warband as much as I would have liked, also because of lockdowns and covid related restrictions.

The occasion for which I decided to post here is a contest of scenery construction, of an Italian forum dedicated to the subject:
    https://www.capochino.it/forum/viewforum.php?f=65

I'll be posting the work in progress of the pyramid I decided to build in the proper section of this forum, so that you lizard-friends can enjoy it and give me feedbacks and tips.

2. Lizards of Renown
    Slann

Lizards of Renown Herald of Creation

Welcome [back] to Jurassic Park!!

Feel free to dive right back in with everything!

Let us know if you have any questions signore!

This is fantastic news and shows you to be a man of real class, right @NIGHTBRINGER ?

Join us on this thread.

Bowser, NIGHTBRINGER and Imrahil like this.
  3. Lord Agragax of Lunaxoatl
    Slann

Lord Agragax of Lunaxoatl Eleventh Spawning

Welcome @NightStalker Of Kathandol! New Warhammer Fantasy players are always a sight for sore eyes, and indeed we've been experiencing a greater influx of them of late, probably due to the eventual release of TOW.

Do you play Eighth only or editions other than Eighth as well? Are you excited about TOW or more tentative about it? Regardless, you're most welcome here in our jungle!

Bowser, NIGHTBRINGER and Imrahil like this.
  4. Imrahil
    Slann

Imrahil Thirtheenth Spawning

Welcome along!

Well, that are the real competitions :) ;)
    What a great idea. I am very interested in what it is you are working on.

I will see you around
    Have fun over here and happy hobbying

Grrr, Imrahil

Bowser likes this.
  5. NightStalker Of Kathandol
    Skink

Thank you guys!

Well, as I wrote, I actually stopped playing as WHFB got ended (btw, English is not my native language, but I hope to have chosed the right wording to point out the fact that this was an arbitrary decision from the dirigence...). Nowaday, probably I wouldn't even find someone willing to play those old editions near me. However, in case, I think I would prefer 6th-7th editions, but mainly because I played most of my games with them (altough they were pretty unbalanced as well); I heard about many projects trying to take the best out of every edition, to make a definitive one, but I never delved into them.
    Now I keep collecting and modelling, at least for what's about WHFB, but I'm fine with it at the moment.

By the way, I have exactly 0 hopes in The Old World, but still I'm waiting for it for curiosity.
    In the meantime, I like to put ""AoS"" models on square bases :p
    https://1.bp.blogspot.com/-xGAff0LO...yCDa067WeligCLcBGAs/s1600/20181114_123100.jpg
    Thank you! That forum is in Italian, so most of you can't read it, but I can assure you that it's so "native", a really "pure" environment like if it came from a decade ago, compared to the social networks, and this gives much more appeal to a competition like that in my opinion. By the way, I think that it's the same environment of this forum ^^.
    In any case, my project will be a ziggurat dedicated to Tepok. As soon as I'll have some time I'll open the topic, promised!

Last edited: Feb 12, 2022
  6. Killer Angel
    Slann

Killer Angel Prophet of the Stars Staff Member

ah, welcome to Lustria again. :)
    Interesting project you have there... a huge pyramid built as a coiled snake (and despite this, it's not related to Sotek).

Regardin tips for your pyramid, you already have dragged the attention of @Imrahil , and i believe he will be helpful in that regard.

Where do you live, precisely?

Bowser and Imrahil like this.
  7. NightStalker Of Kathandol
    Skink

You'll se...
    Tuscany ;)

Right now I'm creating the Topic I was talking about, stay tuned!

Bowser, Killer Angel and Imrahil like this.
  8. Killer Angel
    Slann

Killer Angel Prophet of the Stars Staff Member

I live in piedmont, but i have an apartment in florence. :)

Bowser and Imrahil like this.
  9. Vedras
    Chameleon Skink

Vedras Well-Known Member

Hello and welcome back, fellow returner :)

Bowser likes this.