8th Ed. Impact Hits

Discussion in 'Rules Help' started by Wiggus, Mar 8, 2013.

1. Wiggus
    Saurus

Wiggus New Member

can someone remind me if i have a skrox unit (which has the unique unit type) i remember that they cannot be stomped but can they be subject to impact hits

2. david l
    Chameleon Skink

david l New Member

Of course. Nothing is immune to impact hits.

3. Stonecutter
    Terradon

Stonecutter Member

The impact hits are randomized with 5-6 hitting a krox and the rest killing skinks unless your opponent decides to roll a pile of 1's to wound :D

4. n810
    Slann

n810 First Spawning

hmm... actually Gor-Rok is immune to impact hits. :smug:

5. newscales
    Kroxigor

newscales New Member

gor rok is an interesting character. doubly so if you know you are facing ogres

6. Arli
    Skink Priest

Arli Moderator Staff Member

Way too expensive though. They are fun to try, but in most of my games, I would just rather not spend those points on a named character. The only one that I think is reasonably priced is Tetto'eko. He is worth the cost.

7. newscales
    Kroxigor

newscales New Member

Oxyotl is probably a close second for named guys worth their point costs. solo deployment sniper behind their line could be beneficial.

If Tiqtakto costs about 100 points less, he'd be solid as well. would help fix that dwarf problem.

8. Arli
    Skink Priest

Arli Moderator Staff Member

I have played Oxyotl against a Teclis HE list. The HE player was scared to death of Oxyotl. It was great to watch a unit run from Oxyotl.

9. newscales
    Kroxigor

newscales New Member

I'm going to field him in my next list I think, just to play around. would be nice to snipe some casters. then it's on to owning the magic phase

10. Rhodium
    Kroxigor

Rhodium New Member

What kind of teclis list was it?

I would reckon HE are probably one of the best equipped armies to deal with oxyotl,
    Even if he messed up deployment and oxyotl can deploy 13 inches from tecles, you still can't kill him even if he gets first turn
    Then the HE has access to both Ruby ring and ring of fury on any character
    If they have a high Mage they have 2 more magic missile like spells
    And then depending on what lore teclis has then will more magic missiles
    Or if he is on shadow he will have like 4 bolt throwers/40 archers that are likely to be hitting on 6's
    He is still only a toughness 3, 2'wound character with no saves

Against an army that has no shooting or magic missiles such as WOC I reckon he could be pretty useful but is still over priced

11. Stonecutter
    Terradon

Stonecutter Member

For a lot of HE players that play Teclis, any potential threat makes them break out in hives. This causes them to over react to the threat and forget about alternative means of dealing with it (even if it is just a skink!!). Also, to be blunt, most players that use Teclis are not that great tactically so they often react defensively when aggressive action is required. Mind you, for the same points one could field a tooled up scar vet cowboy or even a suicide skink chief on a terradon and then just launch him on a suicide mission against Teclis with a pretty decent chance of success.

12. newscales
    Kroxigor

newscales New Member

Teclis and squishier mages are the better targets. or anything w/o an armor save/ward save. still, rarely bring him because of the points. can cowboy up an SV and he will be much more effective against more types of opponents.