8th Ed. is there an errata I am missing

Discussion in 'Rules Help' started by shahryar, Jun 4, 2011.

1. shahryar
    Kroxigor

shahryar Member

I could only find one on the gw page but when I was discussing my planned army builod at our local shop and mentioend teh standard of discipline the player I was talking to said that it was errated so that other units cannot benefit from the slanns now 10 leadership

is this true because the only errata I found said that it does work

2. n810
    Slann

n810 First Spawning

They might not realize that the Slann is the only General who can also the a battle standard bearer..?

3. shahryar
    Kroxigor

shahryar Member

how he was speaking it sounds like he thinks that they jsut dont get the 10 leader ship it'd be 9 I guess

4. strewart
    OldBlood

strewart Well-Known Member

Well if you have the errata that says it does work, I don't think he has much of a leg to stand on. There certainly isn't a secret FAQ or errata anywhere, whats in the list on the GW website is it. Its also worth having a bit of a look in the general WHFB 8th ed one as well though.

5. Gor-rok
    Terradon

Gor-rok Member

Your FAQ is current and correct: The banner makes the general +1 leadership, and he can share it with other units. It even works if the unit carries it themselves. My Ogre Ironguts use it to help the Tyrant's leadership all the time.

6. BEEGfrog
    Razordon

BEEGfrog Member

The limit on the banner says that unit cannot use general's inspiring presence, i.e. if they were a leadership skink unit within 12" of the slann then they would have to test on Ld7, one more than their own Ld6 as they couldn't use the slanns inspiring presence.

If the banner is in a TG unit with slann (either as unit banner or BSB banner) then the slann's Ld is boosted to 10 as he is in the unit. Other units can use his new Ld 10 as they are not in the unit affected by the limitation. The unit cannot take advantage the general's Inspiring Presence Ld 10 because of the limitation, but can use the slann's Ld 10 as the highest Ld in the unit.

Because you cannot gain a desired effect through one rule doesn't prevent you from gaining the same effect through another rule. The limitation doesn't say you cannot use a general character's leadership, it just says you cannot use it via the Inspiring Presence rule.

7. venom_x51
    Saurus

venom_x51 New Member

It's a unique situation with the Slann being both the General and the BSB. If he takes the banner we get;

The unit/model taking the banner receives +1 Leadership
    The unit/model taking the banner cannot use the generals Inspiring Presence

The Slann is therefore the only model that can't use the Generals Inspiring Presence ability, but as he is the General he doesn't need to.

8. HoverBoy
    Ripperdactil

HoverBoy New Member

The FAQ is clear:
    Q: If the General is in a unit with the Standard of Discipline
    will he gain +1 Leadership and then be able to pass it onto his unit
    (because he is in it) as well as other units in range of the Inspiring
    Presence special rule? (Reference)
    A: Yes.

Not only the slaan but any other general with the banner in his unit gets both effects.

Altho it iss true the slaan and his unit cannot use another general's inspiring presence.