8th Ed. Is this Scar Vet build on Carnosaur legal?

Discussion in 'Rules Help' started by angrybear, Jan 3, 2014.

1. angrybear
    Jungle Swarm

angrybear New Member

I was thinking of buying a Carnosaur. But I always use a slann and play mostly 2k so I thought of this build for a Scarnosaur.

-Scar Vet on Carnosaur
    -Spear
    -Light armour
    -shield
    -Sacred stegadon helmet
    -loopingstride and bloodroar

I somehow feel this build is illegal because I feels powerful yet I have never seen it. Can you combine sacred stegadon helmet with light armor and does impact hits work with a carnosaur rider?

Thanks in advance.

2. Stonecutter
    Terradon

Stonecutter Member

Where a magic armour does not replace mundane armour, then they stack so you can definitely combine light armour & shield with sacred stegadon helm for a final AS of 1+. (SS & mounted add the other AS enhancements). Given that the steggie helm improves toughness, I might be tempted to go with halberd vice spear but that is a minor issue. The main reason you don't see the build is the because carnies are quite expensive for what they do and easily give up a boatload of points to a single cannonball. Even in combat the carnie can quickly be beat up by anything with S4/S5, leaving the scar vet on foot. I love my carnie model and still play him but I consider myself lucky if he makes it through an entire game that involves any type of combat.

3. Lizardmatt
    Troglodon

Lizardmatt New Member

My Carnisaur typically runs with a scar vet with great weapon, and nothing else.
    If my some chance he makes it into combat with both alive, I want the hero striking last so he doesn't kill a unit champ at init 3, before the carnisaur swings, and cause me to lose combat due to static combat res.

-Matt

4. angrybear
    Jungle Swarm

angrybear New Member

Thanks for the help. Did not think of the great weapon option (champ overkill). Lucky enough my opponent is orc & goblins most of the time, so no cannons. Still I find it strange to have impact hits with a rider on a monster, is this really possible? Doesn't really sound logical (can't find a contradiction to this however in the rulebook). o_O

5. Ondjage
    Razordon

Ondjage Member

Why is it unlogical?

6. angrybear
    Jungle Swarm

angrybear New Member

I can´t think of a single rider that has impact hits on a mount. Its always the mount force that has the impact hits like the stegadon or the stonehorn. In this case the carnosaur charges in but the rider does the impact hits but its seems legal.

7. Ondjage
    Razordon

Ondjage Member

Alright, well, it is legal! I imagine the skull helmet summoning a ghost stegadon!

8. Madrck
    Temple Guard

Madrck Member

I believe this is the part were we beseech N810 to provide us with a picture of an Old blood charging on a carnosaur wearing the sacred helm surrounded by a ghost stegadon causing impact hits (in my mind I'm getting flashbacks of 80s batman)
    Of course I've had a few beers, but we can dream.