7th Ed. Issue with Spirit of the Forge...

Discussion in 'Rules Help' started by Gor-rok, Mar 17, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gor-rok
    Terradon

Gor-rok Member

Hi, I'm new here. Couldn't help but notice a number of instances of people recommending the lore of metal spell Spirit of the Forge for causing multiple hits on things like treemen, steam tanks, etc. The text in the rulebook says
    - as opposed to 2d6 hits being caused, as some interpret it. The way I read it, a unit of five Chaos knights could take up to five hits and no more, even if a 12 was rolled on the 2d6. One treeman= one hit max, etc. (characters and the bane head would be the obvious exception) Any thoughts, or am I way off base?

2. strewart
    OldBlood

strewart Well-Known Member

Hmm interesting point. For now, I'm going to move this to the rules questions forum and see what others have to say before giving my opinion.

3. Bibamus
    Bastiladon

Bibamus New Member

BRB errata mentionts its actually 2D6 hits but they wanted a fancy wording

4. JohnMavrick
    Troglodon

JohnMavrick New Member

Initially my gut instinct says that the spirit of the rule means 2d6 hits on the unit. But undoubtedly you'll run across a rules lawyer out there which will raise holly cain over the exact wording of the rule. Beware!

5. Bibamus
    Bastiladon

Bibamus New Member

unless sed rules lawyer argues that the FAQ is not a set of rules, but a set of guidelines he has to do what the FAQ says and thats 2D6 hits

6. Gor-rok
    Terradon

Gor-rok Member

Thanks guys for pointing out the errata correction to the spell. My game store is pretty good about abiding by FAQ updates, so I doubt I'll have too much trouble selling the new interpretation. Steam tank beware!

7. obiwan29026
    Jungle Swarm

obiwan29026 New Member

I think it says the UNIT takes 2d6 hits. A treeman would be considered a unit so he would take the hits

8. Bibamus
    Bastiladon

Bibamus New Member

no, the BRB says 2D6 models are afected, but the issue was resolved with the FAQ, so was this thread

9. strewart
    OldBlood

strewart Well-Known Member

And with really no further discussion needed on this topic since yes, it has been completely resolved, I am locking it. Please read a thread properly before adding to it, no point in trying to say what has already been complately proven.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.