7th Ed. It Came from the Deep!

Discussion in 'Lizardmen Army Lists' started by Ninjaskink, Aug 17, 2008.

1. Ninjaskink
    Cold One

Ninjaskink New Member

Well, in a previous thread I brought up the idea of a Sacred Host of Tzunki that I wanted to try. So after playing with the idea for a while I decided to make up an army list for it just for the heck of it and I figured I'd post it here for folks to look at and open it up for a few comments. The fluff behind the army is that it has been assembled as part of the Old Ones' plan to remove the undead from the Vampire Coast. So without further ado, my Sacred Host of Tzunki:

Lord:

General
    Old Blood:
    Sacred Spawnings: Tzunki, Tlazcotl, Quetzl
    Light Armor
    Enchanted Shield
    Blade of Revered Tzunki
    Bane Head
    278 points

Heroes:

Scar Vet (JSoD):
    Sacred Spawnings: Tzunki, Tlazcotl
    Light Armor
    Shield
    Great Weapon
    Charm of the Jaguar Warrior
    138 points

Scar Vet (BSB):
    Battle Standard Bearer
    Warbanner
    162 points

Skink Priest (Scroll Caddy):
    Sacred Spawning: Tzunki
    lvl 1
    2x Dispel Scrolls
    120 points

Core:

Skink Skirmishers (10):
    Blowpipes
    70 points

Skink Skirmishers (10):
    Blowpipes
    Scouts
    80 points

Skink Skirmishers (13):
    Javelin & Shield
    88 points

Skink Skirmishers (13):
    Javelin & Shield
    88 points

Special:

Saurus Warriors (18):
    Hand Weapon and Shield
    Champion, Musician
    264 points

Kroxigor (4):
    232 points

Kroxigor (3):
    174 points

Chameleon Skinks (7):
    Stalker
    111 points

Rare:

Salamander Hunting Pack (3):
    195 points

Total points: 2000

2. Dreq-Kai
    Skink

Dreq-Kai New Member

I like that idea, I alway wondered if the Lizzies would ever do something about those zombies. I felt that the vampire coast had potential, but was mostly untapped. But wouldn't Tlazcotl be a better choice?

3. Ninjaskink
    Cold One

Ninjaskink New Member

When did I say this would be the Only army attacking the Vampire Coast? :: evil grin :: In truth, I doubt the Slann would sanction/order an attack on such a powerful enemy with only one small warband (unless it was part of the Old Ones' plans of course). And the Old Bloods would surely know better than to send such a small force against an entrenced enemy as this. Again, I'm thinking in campaign terms when it's only just about this little force, but that's what I enjoy. The mission of this group is to attack from the unexpected direction of straight out of the surf, attacking the ports needed to dock the ghost ships of the undead (and possibly the ships themselves) and cause a new front for the Vampires to become concerned with.

A host of Tlazcotl, attacking from the jungles and hopefully with much more in the way of numbers, would be the ideal hammer to strike the main undead forces and would provide quite a powerful distraction to allow this raiding force to wreak havoc on the enemy rear flank. Especially since that flank Should be virtually undefended, at least at the start.

In gaming terms, it would depend on how the campaign was laid out and how much of a total force both sides are allowed. Coming up with such a campaign could be fun too, but that's for a different thread.

4. Carlo Marx
    Cold One

Carlo Marx New Member

your saurus are a rare choice not special (unless theres some rule about sacred hosts that change the standard rules for spawnings, I've never looked into it).

5. Ninjaskink
    Cold One

Ninjaskink New Member

In the Sacred Host armies, having the one spawning keeps your unit as a core choice, and the second spawning moves them to special. I have the extra rare slot open in this army anyway so it's not that big of a difference for e, but had I gone for another hunting pack, it might have become an issue.