1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

8th Ed. It finally happened...

Discussion in 'Battle Reports' started by Markhaus, May 27, 2014.

1. Markhaus
    Saurus

Markhaus Member

First spell of the first round of a league game against dark elves and my slann was sucked into the warp. 495 points gone because I rolled two 6's followed by a 2 and a 1. On my turn. Trying to cast a tiny spell that didn't even get past the enemy ward save. How are there any mages left on the planet if miscasts happen so frequently?

And while I am complaining about that battle:
    My big bad carnosaur was chewed apart by a group of cavalry before he even got to attack and my stegadon rolled awesome on his armor saves in a combat so he got to survive 1 more round of combat than my carnosaur. Why are monsters not as good as some dude riding a horse? Is initiative that important of a stat?

So far I am 7 wins and 4 losses, so this isn't a complaint about the power of LM (I knew I had lost when the slann but it,so played them poorly), just wondering why the empire have a 10 wound 10 LD 1+armor tank with a cannon that kills 10-14 saurus during its MOVE phase that costs 250 pts while our carnosaur sucks but costs 300 pts for bare bones, no weapon or armor for the dude riding.

2. lordkingcrow
    Temple Guard

lordkingcrow Active Member

Unfortunate about the slann. I don't have my book in front of me, but whichever trait lets you re-roll on the miscast table would probably be a good idea for survival. Personally, when it comes to cavalry, I feel that they should always strike first when they charge, regardless of initiative. However, this edition has really put an emphasis on initiative, it can really make or break you. Sadly for our cold blooded troops, we lack in that area. Steam tank has always rocked. I haven't played Empire in a while, but it seems like they are pretty low on the totem poll of powerful armies, so they need something to stand out. Lore of Metal could take care of a steam tank no problem, but again, your poor slann went bye bye. Personally, it sounds like you just had a rough game with some bad rolls. Sometimes the dice gods love you, sometimes they seem indifferent, but every now and again, they are out to spite you. Chin up!

3. NexS1
    Carnasaur

NexS1 Well-Known Member

I remember the first time I used Eltharion (High Elves) on a griffon. He, Himself is 295 points and rolled 2 dice to case spirit leech. got sucked into the warp and didn't even damage the other guy.

I was bitter. Bitter like you. But the next game, he kicked arse... so what goes around comes around!