Contest July-August 2024 Short Story Contest

Discussion in 'Fluff and Stories' started by Scalenex, Jun 28, 2024 at 10:47 AM.

1. Scalenex
    Slann

Scalenex Keeper of the Indexes Staff Member

Our 40th short story contest, July-August 2024.

Theme is Hope and/or Despair.

The Rules
    -We would like you to try to keep your story between 500 and 2000 words. I am requiring that entries do not exceed 2400 words. This is counting title, poems, quotes, any add-ons. If I get a submission that exceeds 2400 words, I will trim it till it meets the limit, and you may not like what words I choose to cut. Even prepositions are not safe...

-Your name must appear nowhere with the story. There is no point in having an anonymous competition based on skill if we know whose entry is whose.

-You must send your story via private message to Scalenex before midnight O' one (12:01 AM, US Central time) on August 1st 2024
    -The story must be new. No dragging up a story you wrote months or years ago.
    -No plagiarism. This means no stealing a story verbatim. You are free to use characters or settings from other works including other writer's fluff pieces and past short story contest entries.
    -The story must involve Lizardmen (or Seraphon or Salamanders or Saurian Ancients or Rangos), at least a little.
    -The story must stick roughly within the theme, at least a little.
    -No comics or illustrations. This is a short story contest. Visuals are limited to fonts and text colors.
    -Only one entry allowed per person.

Once again, the winner of this contest has the honor of choosing the next contest theme if they so choose.

If you want to talk about the theme or your eagerness to write or read something. Please do so below!

Imrahil likes this.
  2. Imrahil
    Slann

Imrahil Thirtheenth Spawning

Thank you, for setting this up (considering your IRL issues)

Time to ponder on new writing material :writing:

Grrr, !mrahil

Killer Angel likes this.
  3. Killer Angel
    Slann

Killer Angel Prophet of the Stars Staff Member

I have no ideas, and i must write. :p

Imrahil likes this.