8th Ed. Jungle Swarm question

Discussion in 'Rules Help' started by Piano-ID, Dec 10, 2011.

1. Piano-ID
    Skink

Piano-ID New Member

Does Jungle Swarms count to 25% Core? Rule says “Jungle Swarms do not count towards the minimum number of Core UNITS you must include in your army“.For example,may my army look like this:

Skink Chief w Terradon and Blowpipe
    3x3 Jungle Swarm

P

2. Arli
    Skink Priest

Arli Moderator Staff Member

No they do not count towards core %. They might actually be used more if they did.

3. strewart
    OldBlood

strewart Well-Known Member

Another case of the wording was designed for 7th ed, where you needed a certain number of units rather than points regardless of unit size. Addressed in FAQ I believe, they don't count for your core percentage.

4. ForgottenKnight2001
    Saurus

ForgottenKnight2001 New Member

I have all kinds of bases, but since they introduced crumbling to swarms, they all stay in my model box. The poisoned attacks probably make these the most viable of the bunch (well, aside from the etheral VC ones i guess, I DO use those)

5. SanDiegoSurrealist
    Ripperdactil

SanDiegoSurrealist New Member

I have mentioned this before in another post, Swarms work great for pulling out Fanatics and to a lesser extend the 5 x posion attacks are good for some monster hunting, you need 3 or 4 bases and at 45 points each thats a little steep considering you can get Skinks.

6. HoverBoy
    Ripperdactil

HoverBoy New Member

Could they possibly make for good warmachine hunters?

7. strewart
    OldBlood

strewart Well-Known Member

Why use overpriced crumbling M5 swarms which would take 3 turns to even be possibly close enough to warmachines when you can have charmeleons firing on them turn 1, terradons charging turn 2, or even basic skink skirmishers firing by turn 2 possibly 3?

I see one small use for them. Drop Mindrazor on them and each base has 5 strength 10 attacks, thats going to mess with anything! The drawback is with I1 they will hit last and probably lose a base before doing anything, and the spell is most likely better used on other units anyway.

8. HoverBoy
    Ripperdactil

HoverBoy New Member

So basically they have swarm sindrome.