8th Ed. Killing blow and a cold one cowboy

Discussion in 'Rules Help' started by Arraine, Oct 20, 2013.

1. Arraine
    Skink

Arraine New Member

Hey everyone,

I was wondering how do our cowboys do vs killing blow. In particular, I am thinking about the chaos exalted hero on a charriot. The charriot has impact hits with killing blow which I am somewhat scared off, if it really oneshots my lord. So am I right in thinking it's not a good idea to face him against one of those chariots or is there something i'm missing in the rules?

Say the hero on the chariot charges my lord (who is running solo) do the impact hits (and with that a chance that my lord will drop without doing anything) happen before the actually challenge would occur?

Cheers

2. Caprasauridae
    Stegadon

Caprasauridae Well-Known Member

Yes, Killing Blows are a threat to our Oldbloods. All kinds of armour are useless, as are some items (like the Dawnstone). Wards still work, though. And yeah, Impact Hits are made before challenges, so a chariot crashing into your Lord has potential to slice 'n dice him right off the bat.

3. Rhodium
    Kroxigor

Rhodium New Member

Yup as said above killing blow is deadly to coldone characters.

But most should have a ward anyway (for lore if metal or death spells and no armour save attacks) so should have a chance of surviving!

Also the lore of heavens spell: the curse of the midnight wind. is useful at mitigating units with KB