1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AoS Koatl's Claw 1000 Point Army (Noob Help)

Discussion in 'Seraphon Army Lists' started by Ethical Chungus, Aug 25, 2021.

1. Ethical Chungus
    Jungle Swarm

Ethical Chungus New Member

Hey! I'm new to wargaming and am looking to make my first AoS army. (So far I've only painted 2 Saurus Warriors) I love the look of Lizardmen from Total War, and am especially in love with the Saurus models, so I decided a 1000 point Koatl Claw army would be the best place to start. How does this line-up look? And if it looks good, what weapons would you recommend for the units who have a choice?

Generals:
    Seraphon Oldblood on Carnosaur - 270
    Saurus Scar Veteran on Carnosaur - 215
    Skink Priest - 80
    Units:
    Saurus Warriors x30 - 315 (with spears)
    Saurus Knights x5 - 110
    Point Total: 990 Wounds: 68

2. NecridHydra
    Temple Guard

NecridHydra Well-Known Member

List looks good to start the game and learn the basics.

Unfortunately, your Priest won't be buffing our Saurus, as his buffs requieres the Skink keyword. However, you can throw a 6+ ward from the Universal prayers or heal some wounds.

Make sure you pick a General for your army and give him the Command Trait. Also, Koatl's Claw artifact is awesome on the hands of a Scar-Vet with Spear.

Make your Knights have spears too.

Amd good luck on your game.

Ethical Chungus likes this.
  3. Ethical Chungus
    Jungle Swarm

Ethical Chungus New Member

Thank you! I assume I would want one Oldblood on a Carnosaur and one Scar Veteran on a Carnosaur for an eventual 2000 point army so that I can use both of their command abilities. Is this correct? If so, my plan would be to build them as such but ask whomever I play against to just pretend they're both Scar Veterans on Carnosaurs for the purposes of 1000 point games. (Would most people be ok with this?) Then I would have enough room for either a Skink Starpriest or Skink Starseer. Which one would you recommend?

4. NecridHydra
    Temple Guard

NecridHydra Well-Known Member

Actually, not very much. Oldblood CA makes the same as the generic ability from the Core Book and the command hability from KC.

For 270 he's overpriced and his only mission is to have the Blade of Realities and the Asterism with +1 Attack and kill anything in sight, preferably a Hero, with Rend 2 and damage 4 vs Heroes. Use Finest Hour on the Hero Phase and garantee a kill.

Unless you're on a tournament, people will it be cool with a Scar-Vet as a Oldblood or a Troglodon and viceversa.

Between Starpriest and Starpriest, it depends on what do you want or need. I usually use a Starpriest because I buff a unit of 10 Knights with Hand of Glory and the Staff (think of 49 attacks, cappable of doing 20 damage or so vs 3+ save). With a Seer, I use his only spell on a enemy unit to buff my rend, virtually, and garantee a charge.

The only time I've used a Seer, I killed Allarielle in T1 with a flying Oldblood in 2Ed.

5. Margawt
    Skink

Margawt New Member

I would replace the Oldblood for a Bastiladon with solar engine and have the priest buff the Bastiladon and take a Heal prayer to heal it. my list is posted in the thread called 1000 TL.