AoS Koatl's Claw vs Daughters of Khaine 1500 points

Discussion in 'Seraphon Army Lists' started by Tilorn91, Sep 8, 2020.

1. Tilorn91
    Saurus

Tilorn91 Active Member

I have a match coming up versus a DoK player tomorrow on 1500 points, and this is the list I plan on running. Any advice on how to improve it?

Allegiance: Seraphon
    - Constellation: Koatl's Claw

Leaders
    Skink Starpriest (120)
    - Artefact: Cloak of Feathers
    - Spell: Hand of Glory
    Lord Kroak (320)
    Saurus Sunblood (130)
    - General
    - Command Trait: Dominant Predator
    - Artefact: Eviscerating Blade
    Saurus Scar-Veteran on Cold One (110)

Battleline
    40 x Saurus Warriors (320)
    - Spears
    30 x Saurus Warriors (270)
    - Spears
    10 x Saurus Warriors (90)
    - Clubs

Battalions
    Sunclaw Temple-host (140)

Total: 1500 / 1500
    Extra Command Points: 1
    Allies: 0 / 200
    Wounds: 105

LizardWizard likes this.
  2. Just A Skink
    Skink Chief

Just A Skink Well-Known Member

There are MANY better list reviewers on here, but my general impression of the list is that you will struggle with speed. I do like the Sunclaw battalion, but Saurus tend be slow(ish). IF you dropped the battalion, you could fit in a unit of Saurus Knights and guard, or even shift your heroes a little and get a Carnosaur? Something with a bit more speed and more of a punch.

Kroak can always do good work. Without endless spells, I guess Kroak will be casting Comet's Call predominantly. Maybe Celestial Deliverance through the Starpriest (if you dare get him close enough). Don't forget that he gets an additional spell choice from the Slann spell lore.

LizardWizard likes this.
  3. LizardWizard
    OldBlood

LizardWizard Grand Skink Handler Staff Member

The list is decent for 1500 points.

My advice on the list would be fit in Bound Geminids. Taking off 1 attack per model form a unit of witchaelves is massive. I would drop the other unit of 30x Warriors down to 20x. After bound Geminids you will also have a decent bid at a triumph.

In terms of play, try to keep your 40x unit fresh until you can be the initiator of combat. You will need to play to weather your opponent's turn and counter punch. This means zoning with your smaller units and biding your time. If they give you first turn then play reserved. Done correctly and with a bit of luck you aught to be able to remove their hordes. Be mindful or objectives. Don't diminish your units too much or they won't be able to hold objectives against their blood alters.

Best of luck. I hope this advice is helpful.

Just A Skink likes this.