8th Ed. Krox in Skink Units- count as one rank or two?

Discussion in 'Rules Help' started by River Zora, Sep 6, 2013.

?

One or Two ranks deep?

1. One

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Two

4 vote(s)
    80.0%
  3. Depends on if there are skinks in the same rank or not.

1 vote(s)
    20.0%
  1. River Zora
    Jungle Swarm

River Zora New Member

So Skrox units are a mixed unit with different base sizes. So my question is, when counting rank bonus, do Krox count as one rank or two? If a character joins a unit with a different base size then it's the smallest that counts according to the rulebook, so, for example, a Slann in a temple guard unit would have a footprint of four models for ranking. Similarly. My Khorne Herald on Jug has six amongst his Letters. But with Keox it seems a bit more confusing (unless I'm missing something really obvious). How many ranks would the following examples have (assuming three Krox diamonds and 24 skink Ss)

SSSSSS
    /\ /\ /\
    \/ \/ \/
    SSSSSS
    SSSSSS
    SSSSSS - in this example, only five complete ranks of soldiers, but Krox as two deep mean six ranks for ranking bonuses?

SSSSSSSS
    S/\ /\ /\S
    S\/ \/ \/S
    SSSSSSSS
    SSSS. - here, there are four complete ranks, and Krox are in the middle. But it is obviously four ranks from the skinks each side. Like a Slann taking up four in its footprint in Temple Guard.

So it seems that, regardless of how they are arranged, Krox are 'two ranks deep' and count as two for ranking bonuses and combat?

Any thoughts or solutions?

2. Rhodium
    Kroxigor

Rhodium New Member

Correct, whats the argument for them not counting as four skinks?
    It explicitly stated this in the old book but sadly doesn't now

Characters are explicitly stated in the BRB to count as the number of normal bases that would be there, it would be weird to suggest that kroxigors don't

3. Enkill3
    Skink

Enkill3 New Member

The spawn kin rule says that for purposes of ranks, the kroxigor count as if the footprint was stinks
    So each Krox counts as 4 skinks