8th Ed. Kroxigor and 25% core

Discussion in 'Rules Help' started by guitarhero, Dec 8, 2010.

1. guitarhero
    Saurus

guitarhero New Member

Do the points spent on kroxigor that are upgraded into a skink cohort count for the 25% core minimum?

I believe they do, but can't find a ruling.

2. jfoster
    Skink

jfoster New Member

Since the Army book is 7th edition it won't mention specifically but the kroxigors are bought as upgrades to the cohort and not from the special section so they do count towards the 25%

3. Sao
    Cold One

Sao New Member

They are, models which don't count toward core choices (eg swarms) are annotated that they dont count to the 25%.

So Skrox units are a cheeky way of adding a rather large number of points to an army with core.

However looking at the cost of a krox (essentially a more wounds and 1 better attack than a saurus) are they worth the points. Of course they make your skink units more fearsome (no pun intended...honest!) however they do sink alot of points into a realitivly weak unit. If you have the models what I have seen done is placing them in Saurus units (with the 50mmx50mm bases) to use up 4 bases and add some character to the unit. So its a great way of using your already purchased models.

If you can't guess I am massively against Krox untill they are either cheaper or have a slightly better stat line, eg str or tough upgraded by one!

Lloyd

4. guitarhero
    Saurus

guitarhero New Member

I've seen your other posts regarding this, and I tend to agree.

However, a unit with 10 skinks, a banner, and a krox is relatively cheap but very versatile.

I am currently only using 1 or 2 of these units as fire and charge support of large saurus blocks.

5. mixer86
    Kroxigor

mixer86 New Member

i disagree, i always take 3 krox with 28 skinks for a 40 strong horde with full command, in CC therefore the skinks dish out 15 attacks followed by 9 krox attacks, bearing in mind the krox cannot be targeted until so many skinks have gone that krox have to start filling up the front rank, which means 20 skinks need to die before this has to happen, add the units faster movement over saurus and they are 1 powerful unit that shouldn't be underestimated.

The only other thing i'd like to try out would be fielding 6+ krox as a big unit, never tried it but if i had the models i would like to.

6. Wolf
    Kroxigor

Wolf Member

Could you please explain to me why your opponent can't attack the Krox? I'm fairly certain that their "Great Reach" special rule says that they can be attacked...

Edit: never mind, just re-read the FAQ.